Please ... I know its a tough job

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please ... I know it's a tough job

But

Can Anyone post pictures of buckles & maybe the periods of use?

Say; the type Commonly found Here in the USA 'Like' those used from Late 1800's ( Non CW Type's)
but those as well if you like, up through the 1930's or even 1950's or 60's Types .

All Brass , All Iron , Brass & Iron .

I suppose most will be from Horse Tack but I still Clean them up and Hope to display them someday.

Thanks Soooooo Much, For 'ANY' Info on more Modern Buckles.
:notworthy:
Davers

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But

Can Anyone post pictures of buckles & maybe the periods of use?

Say; the type Commonly found Here in the USA 'Like' those used from Late 1800's ( Non CW Type's)
but those as well if you like, up through the 1930's or even 1950's or 60's Types .

All Brass , All Iron , Brass & Iron .

I suppose most will be from Horse Tack but I still Clean them up and Hope to display them someday.

Thanks Soooooo Much, For 'ANY' Info on more Modern Buckles.
:notworthy:
Davers

I really like your idea of someone adept to dating buckles giving a little class lesson here on buckle style and age . It would be a great asset to the site. I found this one quite some time back and in the "what is it" forumgot little feedback. I thought at first it may be a confederate sheet brass buckle but the attachments on the back did not look all that old...but I still do not know whether it is from 1880 or 1940 or what.Hopefully someone will get some informative researched data onto this forum for folks like us.
DSC09970.JPG DSC09873.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like your idea of someone adept to dating buckles giving a little class lesson here on buckle style and age . It would be a great asset to the site. I found this one quite some time back and in the "what is it" forumgot little feedback. I thought at first it may be a confederate sheet brass buckle but the attachments on the back did not look all that old...but I still do not know whether it is from 1880 or 1940 or what.Hopefully someone will get some informative researched data onto this forum for folks like us.
View attachment 1349828 View attachment 1349829

First I don't know much about square Buckles ,(likely won't till I dig one) , Your Buckle??? has the right Size/look.
The Tong attachment on the right look's similar to Sword belt Plates "CW" 'the ones that have the Eagle molded into the plate & the German Silver Wreath is Applied (Usually missing on dug examples). So IMO it Could be a Plate/ Buckle of some type . Age Tho ???.

I think there is a Large Reference Book With Buckles of all sorts ("Think") I would love that .

Or like I said , I really wish a Veteran Hunter or Hunters Could make a Post with all kinds of buckles with Estimated Uses / Dates used.
BUT
Until then Research ,Research ,Research.
Good luck ID'ing Your Piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread