Please ... I know its a tough job
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Davers
  • 1 Post By villagenut
  • 1 Post By Davers

Thread: Please ... I know its a tough job

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6792 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Please ... I know it's a tough job

But

Can Anyone post pictures of buckles & maybe the periods of use?

Say; the type Commonly found Here in the USA 'Like' those used from Late 1800's ( Non CW Type's)
    but those as well if you like, up through the 1930's or even 1950's or 60's Types .

All Brass , All Iron , Brass & Iron .

I suppose most will be from Horse Tack but I still Clean them up and Hope to display them someday.

Thanks Soooooo Much, For 'ANY' Info on more Modern Buckles.

Davers
    villagenut likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Oct 2014
    florida
    5069 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    But

Can Anyone post pictures of buckles & maybe the periods of use?

Say; the type Commonly found Here in the USA 'Like' those used from Late 1800's ( Non CW Type's)
    but those as well if you like, up through the 1930's or even 1950's or 60's Types .

All Brass , All Iron , Brass & Iron .

I suppose most will be from Horse Tack but I still Clean them up and Hope to display them someday.

Thanks Soooooo Much, For 'ANY' Info on more Modern Buckles.

Davers
    I really like your idea of someone adept to dating buckles giving a little class lesson here on buckle style and age . It would be a great asset to the site. I found this one quite some time back and in the "what is it" forumgot little feedback. I thought at first it may be a confederate sheet brass buckle but the attachments on the back did not look all that old...but I still do not know whether it is from 1880 or 1940 or what.Hopefully someone will get some informative researched data onto this forum for folks like us.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09970.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	1349828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09873.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	1349829
    Last edited by villagenut; Aug 20, 2016 at 07:29 PM.
    Davers likes this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6792 times
    Quote Originally Posted by villagenut View Post
    I really like your idea of someone adept to dating buckles giving a little class lesson here on buckle style and age . It would be a great asset to the site. I found this one quite some time back and in the "what is it" forumgot little feedback. I thought at first it may be a confederate sheet brass buckle but the attachments on the back did not look all that old...but I still do not know whether it is from 1880 or 1940 or what.Hopefully someone will get some informative researched data onto this forum for folks like us.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09970.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	1349828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09873.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	1349829
    First I don't know much about square Buckles ,(likely won't till I dig one) , Your Buckle has the right Size/look.
    The Tong attachment on the right look's similar to Sword belt Plates "CW" 'the ones that have the Eagle molded into the plate & the German Silver Wreath is Applied (Usually missing on dug examples). So IMO it Could be a Plate/ Buckle of some type . Age Tho .

I think there is a Large Reference Book With Buckles of all sorts ("Think") I would love that .

Or like I said , I really wish a Veteran Hunter or Hunters Could make a Post with all kinds of buckles with Estimated Uses / Dates used.
    BUT
    Until then Research ,Research ,Research.
    Good luck ID'ing Your Piece.
    villagenut likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    coppersmith

Oct 2013
    brunswick md
    WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
    4461 times
    Relic Hunting
    NICE BUCKLE...

Sponsored Links