BobTheDigger

Jul 7, 2016
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Works, kids, house, etc...have kept the coins and relics safe in the ground for the last few months while I dreamed about them. I finally got out for a couple of hours over the weekend and headed out to my favorite field. I found this worn 1833 LC and this brass piece. I didn't think much of the brass piece until I got home and cleaned it up a bit. It looked quite old so I started looking around on the internet. I only found a couple of things but it looks like it could be a red coat collar buckle from the Revolutionary War. I'm hoping that the experts can give their opinion. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• LC Head (495x640).jpg
    LC Head (495x640).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 189
  • LC Tails (495x640).jpg
    LC Tails (495x640).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Side1 (495x640).jpg
    Side1 (495x640).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 180
  • Side2 (495x640).jpg
    Side2 (495x640).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 182

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Works, kids, house, etc...have kept the coins and relics safe in the ground for the last few months while I dreamed about them. I finally got out for a couple of hours over the weekend and headed out to my favorite field. I found this worn 1833 LC and this brass piece. I didn't think much of the brass piece until I got home and cleaned it up a bit. It looked quite old so I started looking around on the internet. I only found a couple of things but it looks like it could be a red coat collar buckle from the Revolutionary War. I'm hoping that the experts can give their opinion. Thanks for looking!
Hey Bob,
It does look like a period neck stock buckle to me. Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread