Stamped Sash Buckle

Apr 26, 2018
FRANKLIN TN AREA
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a thin brass stamped sash buckle with olive branch and crescent moon and stars on the farm several weeks ago and have been having difficulty identifying its origin/manufacture. I also recovered two brass toe caps, two cuff buttons with stars on the backs, one coat button all of which are plain, and a fired 54 caliber bullet. Found a picture of a similar sash buckle in a relic book; however the only information was that it was found in Kentucky. I am located along the route Hardee took to Murfreesboro and thought there were several Louisiana units in Hardee's Corps. Could the crescent moon and stars be a Louisiana motif?????
IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0044.JPG

Here I are two photographs. Obviously the sash buckle is the victim of a plow. This area of the farm was under cultivation until the 1950's.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Make some pics for the forum. Maybe we can help ID.Congrats :icon_thumright:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the Tnet forum Celtwarriorprincess, and Congrat's to you on the find of the Sash buckle. A crescent moon makes one wonder if this could have possibly been a South Carolina piece too. As said, a pic. if possible may speed the process of getting this piece Id'd. Hardees Corps was here in Georgia too and played a big role in the Battles for Atlanta. Best of luck to you and Continued Success to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread