Tiny "Tall Ship" button & tiny cabin button. What is it?

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug these two buttons this morning with 18 other buttons today plus 7 others last week. Last week were some early flats, two eagle artillery's and one rifleman's button. Today's digs provided me with two new button that I've only ever seen a picture of, now I have one of each for myself :)

The first one is a tall ship with sails button, it is approximately 7/16 inches across. The 2nd is a tiny cabin button, approximately 1/2 inch across. I don't know what they're for or their true age.

I think I've seen these online but now I can't find anything. Does anyone know? The time period of this field is c.1800-1850's. The best I can come up with for the cabin is possibly a William Harrison 1840 Campaign Button but mine doesn't have the rim around it. I cannot read the backing on either of these two.

06.jpg IMG_0025-2.jpg Here's a online William Harrison 1840 Campaign Button... William Harrison 1840 Campaign Button original-1.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

G

gman17

Almost 100% sure it's a Harrison campaign button, but almost impossible to tell which one, there was a bunch. If we had a back mark we could narrow it down. do you have some calipers to measure ?

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No calipers. But in the Today's Finds thread I'm told that it most likely is and the tall ship is a Jacksonian button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread