CS Script I with C S letters

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD, White's TDI, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a question about the button in the title. I recently dug a plow struck CS script I button with the letters C and S on the left and right side. My initial searches for this yielded that it was made by Wildt and Kline out of SC somewhere around 1865. I tracked it to Tice 'CSI261A1' and Alberts 'CS189' as far as the front of the button looks. My button does not have a back on it as it is probably long gone. I am going to have the button mended since it is all intact as far as material is concerned. I was hoping to find out what back went with this button. The above references state a "Wildt & Kline, 5pt Star, Depressed Channel" back. Would these have also been produced with blank backs? The restoration person mentioned having blank brass backs and Issac Campbell backs. I wanted to be close to original. If the Issac Campbell back was never on this front, I'd probably be better off with a blank back. Does anyone have any input as far as backs? Or does anyone have a Wildt and Kline back possibly? That's probably a stretch.

G

gman17

image-369827467.jpg

This is what one looks like, I think they also used tin.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping you would post a photo of your button... the front.

G

gman17

A friend of mine and a few of his buddies got permission to hunt that button factory in columbia before they built the current building. They found a lot of good stuff. He told me that they were in the process of making a batch of those buttons when Sherman burned columbia, he has a jar of those buttons and backs not put together with the ash they were found in. But he will not get rid of them for nothing. Lol

OP
OP
S

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD, White's TDI, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry. Didn't get back to this post until now. I checked a couple times and had no replies. I'll post up the pictures.

Attachments

• image-1489988680.jpg
    image-1489988680.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image-4190828701.jpg
    image-4190828701.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3370952717.jpg
    image-3370952717.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread