1700s button real or reproduction?

bottle hunter

Greenie
Feb 7, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1700's button real or reproduction?

My brother acquired a nice button in The 1960's, researched it and found it is a late 1700's officer's button. There is a cannon and flag on the front. The back has the number four etched in. Only problem is I can't figure out how to get photos on here. I could post a link to my photobucket page, don't know if that's allowed. One other thing I noticed is a red dot on the back side, what's that indicate?

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To post a photo or photos: whenever you create a thread or reply to one, click on the "Go advanced" icon which will be down towards the bottom right hand side where you can enter your text, scroll down once again on the next screen to where you see the "Manage attachments" near the left side and start uploading your photos.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
bottle hunter

bottle hunter

Greenie
Feb 7, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, clicked on "go advanced" but don't see anything related to attachments. Here are the options I see:

Automatically parse links in text
Automatically retrieve titles from external links

Subscription:

Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:
Through my control panel only

Rate Thread:

Rate this thread with the following value:
Excellent

...I'm on a tablet that must be why. I have a desktop computer as well and on that l see a lot more options on here for pics but it's 7 or 8 years old and the browser has a lot of issues.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're in the right spot. There should be the title "Attachments" literally right above "Subscription." If you do not see it then just as you stated, it could be because you're on a tablet. I'm not the best computer guru to help you out for that. Sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions