Century Old Family Cache Still Underground--Looking for Assistance

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
This is a perfect hunt for T-netters. Get all your ducks in a row showing that you belong to this family and that these trunks truely belong to the family then get us all down there and let us comb the countryside with you. I'm sure with a few hundred of us we could find the other two trunks in short order if they still exist.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Find the guy in Kansas that was on "The best places to find Cash and Treasures" last night on the travel channel. He had a "home made" 8 foot x 8 foot "coil" he pulled behind a 4 wheeler through fields looking for meteorites.

Now that would be a cache hunting machine!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 months without a reply from GG.I think he got bit by a rattlesnake while searching at night,it was a warm summer. ??? ::)

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
exanimo redux said:
The guy pulling the large detector on Trash & Treasure likely was pulling a magnetometer which is great for finding the iron in the meteorites. It would also find any buried iron boxes. If a treasure of silver & gold is buried in some bank clothe bags for instance the magnetometer would not find it. The advance in underground radar detection is likely one of the best technologies for future detecting. The cost is still too high now for common use and the "educated scholars" who rarely get their fingernails dirty will perhaps take steps to see that us commoners never have the technology available to us.

Yeah but if the cache is big enough it wont matter. The detector will ring. I was swinging on an old road in town here that is now used for a hiking trail and hit a very nice silver signal and it read that the thing was sitting at 6 inches. I dug six inches, then 12, then 18 and still found nothing. I stuck the pinpointer in the hole and swept it around, and around, side to side etc etc. I hit nothing. Then my buddy from the side of the road looked up and said, you can quite digging...there was a large metal pipe that was used for drainage running about 4 feet down across the road. If the cache is big enough, you will hear it at a couple feet or more.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked GG's profile. He last came by on Jan 30, 2007 but he didn't do any posting. I would think if this was legit he would at least say he was still kickin and tryin.

K

Kentucky Kache

Maybe he found it. ;D
It would be nice to hear from him.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
cyberdan said:
I just checked GG's profile. He last came by on Jan 30, 2007 but he didn't do any posting. I would think if this was legit he would at least say he was still kickin and tryin.

Or he doesn't want anyone to know got his hands on it. It would be a big mess if people found out.

Texas Gld

May 31, 2007
Powers,Oregon
If you read his lines and in between his lines.Know something of the culture/
habits & belief system of the possible characters in this story, some basic traits of most human beings. Remember that we send & receive language in pictures not mere words, (word-pictures)SEE what he Saw-HEAR what he HEARD become him!!
disregard his conclusions.Ask no one questions but yourself!Disreguard your own doubt(thats not an answer/ get only the picture and the related facts. If what you finally see has support. Base your actions on your available
mental/physical/finicial and Spiritial resources "You" are capable of bringing to bare. Distant voices/naysayers/scoufers will/confuse/mislead & rob you of ANY-CHANCE of success. It is true that "Treasure is Were "YOU"
Find it". It was also put there by a "Man" just like you.
I conclude there was a 50/50 chance his account is/was TRUE.(and great fun)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Gld said:
If you read his lines and in between his lines.Know something of the culture...........It was also put there by a "Man" just like you. I conclude there was a 50/50 chance his account is/was TRUE.(and great fun)

Could you translate that into english? word pictures don't work for me ???

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Texas Gld said:
If you read his lines and in between his lines.Know something of the culture/
habits & belief system of the possible characters in this story, some basic traits of most human beings. Remember that we send & receive language in pictures not mere words, (word-pictures)SEE what he Saw-HEAR what he HEARD become him!!
disregard his conclusions.Ask no one questions but yourself!Disreguard your own doubt(thats not an answer/ get only the picture and the related facts. If what you finally see has support. Base your actions on your available
mental/physical/finicial and Spiritial resources "You" are capable of bringing to bare. Distant voices/naysayers/scoufers will/confuse/mislead & rob you of ANY-CHANCE of success. It is true that "Treasure is Were "YOU"
Find it". It was also put there by a "Man" just like you.
I conclude there was a 50/50 chance his account is/was TRUE.(and great fun)

Texas Gld, quit hoggin' the bong and pass it around.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Sometimes these things take years to solve. I have several different pieces of info on this area, and even if you don't find what you are looking for you might find something else.
Kit carson and Uncle Dick Wooton both were rumored to have buried treasure in that area, not to mention the Jicarila Apache, White wolf etc.
dano.

chris233

Greenie
Jun 1, 2007
hey grizzly bear I would love to take that offer of the cx plus with treasure hound. would you let me use it. I would gladly pay for the shipping. if you think it's okay just let me know o.k. thanks bear.

chris

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
gemee said:
Texas Gld, quit hoggin' the bong and pass it around.

Pass it to me, I'll dump the water and fill it with homebrew. Any progress on this cache? Or did we all decide it was just a story?

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004
I believe this is authenic. I located
all three caches. Of course, 2 of
them have been retrieved. The
last one is probably 10 feet deep.
I think it may be in a cave.

I wish him well.

[email protected]

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
seems to me that this should be an near ir arial photographic search first
trying to detect such a lrge area is like a needle in a haytstack look at the post the founder of this site has in the charter member section and how you find stuff underground this looks like the most ideal thing to do if i was looking for it and actually belived it was there id be getting some film and someone with an ultralight
nice and cheap
just my 2 cents
Dan

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone considered using Topo Maps? I am new here, but I have learned a lot reading through hundreds of posts that have been very educational....perhaps get a Topo of the land 100 years ago, and then get a current one for an overlay....does this make any sense? Well....just a thought....SushiDog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread