Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Century Old Family Cache Still Underground--Looking for Assistance

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Combine
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
    68 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Century Old Family Cache Still Underground--Looking for Assistance

Check out the TM-808 from Whites or the Master Hunter CX Plus with the Treasure Hound Depth Multiplier from Garretts (you can get either from Kellyco Detectors). I'm am leaning toward the Garretts for cache hunting even though the Whites has a cave mode that will actually tell you if there has been a tunnel or cave that has been filled in (because the mineralization of the soil in the fill has changed). I will have one or the other by the end of January to start searching for a cache in Navarro county, Texas.

I am semi-retired, working for myself when I work, so I can take off almost anytime I want to search for treasure. If you need help, let me know.

"divetech@tx.rr.com"
    Not all who wander are lost - Some of us are simply confused. (Apologies to J.R.R. Tolkein's memory)

GARRETT / FISHER / TEKNETICS
    www.anthonysdetectors.com
    anthonysdetectors@live.com
    214-499-2530
    The very best in American made detection equipment!

Mike(Mont)

Good luck. When you give up on the two-box you might think about a good pulse induction detector and get the two meter square universal coil. You can change the shape so it is three meters wide by one meter and cover large areas of ground. Two or three square miles is a huge area and it could take a lifetime to detect. In the end a good dowser is your best chance. Even send aerial photos to a good map dowser. Check out earthgoogle.

Dec 2005
    CHICO- Northern California
    anything handy

I agree, the pulse induction detector would do the job, I had a whites that would detect a nail two feet deep.

If the rumor of a night marker exists, I would go on a full moon, and clear night and look for shadows that are near the old house, should be able to see any "pointers" with the naked eye and go easy on the flashlights.

Just a thought - why would you need any help at all ? I would do the whole project alone.
    Like the divers say,"When all is said and done, more is said than done!"

Aug 2006
    Milton, Florida
    White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X

Long read .. but I made it all the way through.

I am with Pete on this one. GG did say the treasure was from the time when area was still owned
    by Mexico. United States acquired this land ( New Mexico and Arizona) after the war with Mexico (1848)

So if uncle helped the grand father hide the treasure, and he is still alive, would make him around 160 years old. Maybe there is more to this story we are not hearing. Did the grand father relocate the gold, maybe in the 1950's or 60's ? Why does GG call it "Century old family cache"

I can understand the story being jumbled, I have two gold cache stories in my family and both are a little different depending on who in the family I talk with. For me I am waiting for a couple of relatives, to not be around before I go looking. If not there would be a big family fight over what will be found.

As for LRL, I to have to go with what I have seen with my own eyes. I was member of a big MD club in Virgina.
    We were contacted by a guy who told us he was making great finds with his LRL. He came to give us a demo one weekend. He set up the test by putting 10 different magazines around the yard. He went out of site and had us put a silver quarter in one of the magazines. He was suppose to tell us which magazine the quarter was in. He never could. After he gave up I asked him why his LRL did not find the 40 Oz's of silver I had in my coat pocket ( two rolls of silver eagles). We never saw him again.

Just my two cents ... but we all know there is treasure out there ... and I do hope GG finds some.

Tom

Nov 2006

Hi GG, I own a Fisher Gemini-3 two box detector and a Whitet's MXT with a 14" deepscan coil. With the Gemini-3 you have the choice of two types of searching. [1.] A narrow scan with the boxes attached. [2.] A wide scan with the boxes detached. With the wide scan, you must have the transmitter and the reciever a minimum of 30' apart. This detector will detect a large item such as a chest of gold and silver down to aprox. 10' to 15 '. Plus you can use this to cover alot of ground in a grid type search of an area. As far as the narrow scan is concerned, this can be used to pinpoint after the initial grid search has been accomplished and with the two boxes attached the depth you can get is approx. 5' to 10 ' in depth on such a large item. Also we must not forget that a hole is a hole no matter when it was dug. Use all the information you have plus your intuition as to where you would choose to bury this treasure if it were up to you to decide. Take in all that there is through the senses, most of all the sixth sense. [ intuition ] You obviously have to start somewhere. Good Luck, Monte P.S. I live in Colorado. Antonito is about a 5 hr. drive for me if you need a hand.

Feb 2007

GG, just send me a Google Earth image (elevation eye one mile) and we can try it.
    Klaus from Germany

Thanks for playing. You lose.

Aug 2006
    smAlbany, NY
    DFX
    6 times

This is a perfect hunt for T-netters. Get all your ducks in a row showing that you belong to this family and that these trunks truely belong to the family then get us all down there and let us comb the countryside with you. I'm sure with a few hundred of us we could find the other two trunks in short order if they still exist.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Dec 2006
    Concord, NC
    White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

Find the guy in Kansas that was on "The best places to find Cash and Treasures" last night on the travel channel. He had a "home made" 8 foot x 8 foot "coil" he pulled behind a 4 wheeler through fields looking for meteorites.

Now that would be a cache hunting machine!

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2361 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

8 months without a reply from GG.I think he got bit by a rattlesnake while searching at night,it was a warm summer.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

Aug 2006
    smAlbany, NY
    DFX
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by exanimo redux
    The guy pulling the large detector on Trash & Treasure likely was pulling a magnetometer which is great for finding the iron in the meteorites. It would also find any buried iron boxes. If a treasure of silver & gold is buried in some bank clothe bags for instance the magnetometer would not find it. The advance in underground radar detection is likely one of the best technologies for future detecting. The cost is still too high now for common use and the "educated scholars" who rarely get their fingernails dirty will perhaps take steps to see that us commoners never have the technology available to us.
    Yeah but if the cache is big enough it wont matter. The detector will ring. I was swinging on an old road in town here that is now used for a hiking trail and hit a very nice silver signal and it read that the thing was sitting at 6 inches. I dug six inches, then 12, then 18 and still found nothing. I stuck the pinpointer in the hole and swept it around, and around, side to side etc etc. I hit nothing. Then my buddy from the side of the road looked up and said, you can quite digging...there was a large metal pipe that was used for drainage running about 4 feet down across the road. If the cache is big enough, you will hear it at a couple feet or more.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    402 times

I just checked GG's profile. He last came by on Jan 30, 2007 but he didn't do any posting. I would think if this was legit he would at least say he was still kickin and tryin.
    at yard sales I am dollardan
    on ebay I am the-howto-guy
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/the-howto-gu...p2047675.l2562

Kentucky Kache

Maybe he found it.
    It would be nice to hear from him.

Aug 2006
    smAlbany, NY
    DFX
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan
    I just checked GG's profile. He last came by on Jan 30, 2007 but he didn't do any posting. I would think if this was legit he would at least say he was still kickin and tryin.
    Or he doesn't want anyone to know got his hands on it. It would be a big mess if people found out.

us
    May 2007
    Powers,Oregon

If you read his lines and in between his lines.Know something of the culture/
    habits & belief system of the possible characters in this story, some basic traits of most human beings. Remember that we send & receive language in pictures not mere words, (word-pictures)SEE what he Saw-HEAR what he HEARD become him!!
    disregard his conclusions.Ask no one questions but yourself!Disreguard your own doubt(thats not an answer/ get only the picture and the related facts. If what you finally see has support. Base your actions on your available
    mental/physical/finicial and Spiritial resources "You" are capable of bringing to bare. Distant voices/naysayers/scoufers will/confuse/mislead & rob you of ANY-CHANCE of success. It is true that "Treasure is Were "YOU"
    Find it". It was also put there by a "Man" just like you.
    I conclude there was a 50/50 chance his account is/was TRUE.(and great fun)

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    402 times

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gld
    If you read his lines and in between his lines.Know something of the culture...........It was also put there by a "Man" just like you. I conclude there was a 50/50 chance his account is/was TRUE.(and great fun)
    Could you translate that into english? word pictures don't work for me
    at yard sales I am dollardan
    on ebay I am the-howto-guy
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/the-howto-gu...p2047675.l2562

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors