Century Old Family Cache Still Underground--Looking for Assistance

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
I'd take several pictures of the entire area, yes alot of space on your camera will be taken up but just buy a few extra 4MB memory cards; that way you will be able to sit and study the land scape at home while searching through the files who knows maybe a picture and a bit of information will add up and give you a better starting point.

Just a thought!

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.lrlman.com/

Arc-Geo Logger and A Whites TM 808 or TM900

You can do this yourself w/o anyone else helping you.......too many know too much...reveal...your finds....

This will map the ground and you will need laptop computer.......If it is still there you will find it. I would venture
it is down about 2 feet.....alot depends on type of soil as well.....

I would venture all 3 trunks were layed out in Triangle pattern.....but 2-3 mile area can easily be worked by yourself....

when you find it ,,,.....keep quite! .......

Dig It Man

Jan 31, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a portion of this treasure when I was 17. Betty was in town to meet with a private collector willing to pay cash for many of the gold coins and silver. I saw something very few people will ever see.

Here you state you actually seen the treasure when you were 17, but then again, you state the family seen it. Sounds kind of strange to me.

Coldshot

Mar 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I willl help for a percentage, I have found more coin's at old house places in the outhouse hanging at the end of a rope than I did with a detector. Alot of robberies back then and a great place to hide cash. What thief would take a chance on loosing his grip and winding up in the bottom of the out house....this is probaly an old post I didnt think to look at the date....if you do loose your grip hope like heck it echo's real well. not a good place to starve....or eat....

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I willl help for a percentage, I have found more coin's at old house places in the outhouse hanging at the end of a rope than I did with a detector. Alot of robberies back then and a great place to hide cash. What thief would take a chance on loosing his grip and winding up in the bottom of the out house....this is probaly an old post I didnt think to look at the date....if you do loose your grip hope like heck it echo's real well. not a good place to starve....or eat....

This thread started in 2005 so is 7 yrs old and GG I don't think has responded since a few yrs back, If GG reads this please respond in such a way.so we can stay tuned to the story!!! You need to get the spots DOWSED by one of the 3 dowsers on treasure net. they are good and free.After 41 yrs at cache hunting I find it is best to have the suspected site dowsed first and analize the results as it takes too much time to drag a 2-box over lots of achreage. This is just my humble opinion but take someones advice thats been at it for over 40 yrs and save yourself some time and bewilderment, If you don't believe in dowsers do it anyway (for free) and get some satisfaction and RESULTS. rwd mo

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This thread started in 2005 so is 7 yrs old and GG I don't think has responded since a few yrs back, If GG reads this please respond in such a way.so we can stay tuned to the story!!! You need to get the spots DOWSED by one of the 3 dowsers on treasure net. they are good and free.After 41 yrs at cache hunting I find it is best to have the suspected site dowsed first and analize the results as it takes too much time to drag a 2-box over lots of achreage. This is just my humble opinion but take someones advice thats been at it for over 40 yrs and save yourself some time and bewilderment, If you don't believe in dowsers do it anyway (for free) and get some satisfaction and RESULTS. rwd mo

Yep,
Just post a clear, sharp focus photo without any identifying information in the dowsing forum and let us know which way north is and see what dowsing reveals.
Jon

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
GG is long gone. He found the third chest and now he is jet-setting in Europe with Betty. Why doesn't he post something? Well he took everyones advice and kept his mouth shut.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Betty caught him digging up the chest, knocked him over the head with the shovel as he pulled the chest out of the ground, pushed him in the hole, buried him, and took the chest and contents!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's been 7 years since the first post! Time to give up the ghost! hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Ronin29

May 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
use a long range detector that detect gold or silver just , like Bionic x4 ,or 01 .but its expensive
if place is flat , you can use scanner
Good Luck

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if you still need help let me know, i know it is been a while but who knows, meaning since you post the add, [email protected]

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
garrett 250 and new this year at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe just maybe the ghost in the house got him and his claivoient friend . I was all wound up over this one and was on the edge of my seat but just one time is there any posts on here of anyone finding the treasure and a pic of it gosh I read all these leads but never find the end or any pics to show the mother lode .

gosh ,

Scott

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i think GG is long gone too, i cant remember why, but for some reason way back i thought that
betty and Gdadhad prob happened on someone else's cache, and i looked into it, just dont have
that info anymore, but a quick search got the stuff below,so if anyone here thinks they to have
a lead, but are confused as to, the who, when,where, maybe this info will help

there are still court arguments over the new mexico land grants
the latest
Spanish Heirs Vs. Homeowners Fight In New Mexico Land Grant Smackdown | Fox News Latino
more
Land Grants

info and finding aid on the land grants
Twitchell arranged and assigned the numbers still in use today.
Twitchell Vol. 1 also includes short descriptions and an index for documents in the volume.
The Twitchell numbers are used in the finding guide, the microfilms, the English translations and the chronological date guide
Spanish and Mexican Archives of New Mexico - Colonial New Mexico & New Spain - Research Guides at University of New Mexico

Author: Twitchell, Ralph Emerson
Volume: 1
Subject: New Mexico --
The Spanish Archives of New Mexico; (1914)
https://archive.org/details/spanisharchiveso01twituoft

imgs from Twitchell book about the land grants
names 1.jpg names 2.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread