Confederate Gold-Stories of others and any Help with this one - Page 8
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    us
    youtube.com/c/BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    3171 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: Confederate Gold-Stories of others and any Help with this one

I didnt write the link that says we "bought" Florida from Spain but if you were the author, SWR, what single word would be better suited to explain how we obtained Florida? "Bought", "traded", "ceded" or other?

us
    Dec 2008
    Tampa Bay Florida
    Minelab Excalibur II Discovery TF 900
    18 times

Cool snake pics BCH! Yuck!

us

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    3171 times

Quote Originally Posted by sabre15
    Cool snake pics BCH! Yuck!
    taste like chicken

us
    Dec 2008
    Tampa Bay Florida
    18 times

These seriously need erradicated!

Dec 2006
    2669 times

this changed the glade forever

Geography sentenced south Florida to total dependence on rainfall. To make this water state more inhabitable, through the years, engineers and water managers attempted to control the water. For more than a century, from 1850 to 1950, the solution was to dredge and drain the "swamp". After years of severe hurricanes, then drought, then more deadly storms, Florida asked the federal government for a master plan to tame nature's excesses
    In 1948, the U.S. Congress authorized the largest civil works project in the country. Construction began the next year and continued for over 20 years as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers built a massive plumbing system called the Central and Southern Florida (C&SF) Flood Control Project. The project stretches from just south of Orlando to Florida Bay. It consists of 1,800 miles of canals and levees and 200 water control structures. It includes 16 major pump stations to send water south and through waterways eastward and westward to both coasts.
    http://glades.sfwmd.gov/empact/home/..._history.shtml

us
    Dec 2008
    Tampa Bay Florida
    18 times

Inmteresting, thing is though the state should have never got the feds involved!

us

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    3171 times

Quote Originally Posted by cw0909
    this changed the glade forever

Geography sentenced south Florida to total dependence on rainfall. To make this water state more inhabitable, through the years, engineers and water managers attempted to control the water. For more than a century, from 1850 to 1950, the solution was to dredge and drain the "swamp". After years of severe hurricanes, then drought, then more deadly storms, Florida asked the federal government for a master plan to tame nature's excesses
    In 1948, the U.S. Congress authorized the largest civil works project in the country. Construction began the next year and continued for over 20 years as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers built a massive plumbing system called the Central and Southern Florida (C&SF) Flood Control Project. The project stretches from just south of Orlando to Florida Bay. It consists of 1,800 miles of canals and levees and 200 water control structures. It includes 16 major pump stations to send water south and through waterways eastward and westward to both coasts.
    http://glades.sfwmd.gov/empact/home/..._history.shtml
    Yes and they realized trying to tame mother nature was a huge mistake and now they want to fill it all back in to restore the natural water flow. What a huge waste of money. Water is Floridas most valuable resource and it slowly flows south by gravity. We dont need all those canals levees and pump stations. Mother nature had a perfect system. The only dike we need to keep is around Lake Okeechobee.

The constant water flow makes this region unlike any other swamp. The swamp water is clean filtered and drinkable. Its a slow moving wide river; a "river of grass."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	historic_flow.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	364031  

us
    Sep 2007
    132 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Many great stories. It is so true that many treasures are bury on government land, and the government won't let you search, which makes you outrages, but there is not much you can do. The same things going on in Connecticut. Best of Luck to all of you.

us
    Sep 2007
    132 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Many great stories. Research before searching for treasure. I live in Bridgeport Connecticut.

May 2012
    Evergladeslostgold.com

us
    Mar 2012
    435 times
    Cache Hunting
    goldhunter-Are you the one looking for investors to go after this gold? I went to the site you listed (Evergladeslostgold) and read the story. Sorry, I am not an investor. I do believe I may know the location of the gold. It is on land within sight of I-75. It is on Indian land. In the past, about 2 years ago, I made some phone calls to try to get permission to work with them. I was willing to show them the location if I could video the dig and get some sort of reward. They would only be interested if I could provide "proof" that the gold was where I think it is. I don't think this location is the same place listed in your story. If you know of someone within the tribe that would be interested, I would like to meet with them. You can be as involved as you want. I was told they have their own GPR and backhoes.

May 2012
    Hi a friend of mine told me about the website, that he had joined and donated so I figured I'd give it a shot to. What's 10.00 it's like playing the lottery! If I get any further info I'll let you know.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links