Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I think the fear with booty (Data from Goonies :D) is that it might destroy what you are trying to find. I saw a program on history channel the other day about this island that has this huge hole. It was very intense, because when the explorer dug down, it broke this dike, and filled the hole with water. After doing research, they found all these tubes that were dug into the hole that leads to the sea, and when they dug past a few logs, it broke the seal on the tubes and sucked the water in.
That was years and years ago, now they are going so slow, they are having a hard time getting financial backing. One of the theories is that it is a pirate treasure, but historians argue that it can't be because it is too ingenious. Some think it is the original william shakespeare papers from the supposed real writer. It was a pretty amazing show. Anyway, they want to go slow so they don't set another one off and possibly ruin whatever is down there, if they haven't already.

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Must've been a special on Oak Island...

I still would love to hear about trying to dig through a dry area after setting off the booby trap.

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
BB, I was refering to the ones that place boulders in such a way to collapse in or near a cave entrance.

K

Kentucky Kache

Oak Island money pit. Wasn't it president Roosevelt (Franklin) that was involved with that when he was young?
I think they found a length of gold chain, but not much else.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
most should be fairly easy to set off without getting smashed......if you could post a few pics or a diagram i could most likely show you how to disable it or bypass it, or set it off if you would prefer.............most traps were made with the intention of returning, disabling or bypassing, so as to leave it operable when leaving again................i have a few books on the subject,, most are alike or close, as spain had strict rules that had to be followed when constructing these traps...others copied spains traps in one way or the other making them like or near like also............gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
most likely jacko, along with a good possibility of sending you detailed drawings concerning the traps, how they were built, what they will do when sprung, and how to dis-able/disarm or bypass them.....get close-ups along with full area shots..be sure to also list or show any carvings, along with their location to the actual trap...........gldhntr

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Gldhntr---- I Haven't seen anyone else post pictures of death traps they have found. the one in side the cave is similar to TH'er University, except this one has rocks in front of bolder and it looks like a crqack in the floor where the dirt has fallen threw. I won't show the picture of, What I think is the map to the treasure here., but it's up the shaft, then toward the back, it might be where the princess is? not straight threw trap.

Go to Treasure leads--- under Spanish markers also, look in the Death Trap, both (1 &2) pages, you'll see some good shots there. If you want me to send you a clear photh PM me with your e-mail address.

Jacko

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Darren in NC said:
I wonder... anyone try to set off a booby trap (in a way you won't get hurt) and then dig out the rubble to get to the treasure?

Just curious, but has anyone here ever *set* a booby trap to protect their cache? It would be illegal in the U.S., and when you get old you might forget it's there, but it seems like a good skill to have anyway. Experience and knowledge in setting them can be used to reverse-engineer traps you want to disarm.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Darren, you got me thinking with this post. What I need now is a couple of situational answers. Who do you suppose set up the trap? Pirates, Torts, Spanish, Indians, others? What kind of terrain are we talking about? Hillside, seaside, wooded? What type of treasure do you expect to find, meaning big "you won the lottery" type money, or is it more a burial site with artifacts?

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i used to know several fellows that set booby traps every spring, and pulled them after the first frost....they were crude but quite deadly...........read about several of these being set off by helicopters in california too........................gldhntr

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I know of several individuals who actually found? LARGE! :o? Spanish Caches!
And!? I DO! MEAN!? Large ones, at that!? ;)
But!
Guess what?? :D
None of them had, to deal with, any, of these, so called , "Booby Traps" !
Because there weren't ANY!? ::)
I have been into several Spanish Mines, Caves, & etc, myself... !
AND!
The only place,? ?:o? ?That I have ever seen a "Booby Trap"? ?:P? was in a Book!
? ;D? ?"Que paso?"? ?;)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
To Mr. Albert Osborn:
I have two friends who are experts in "Booby Traps" aka.. "Man Traps"!
They are both presently, civilian instructors for the U.S. Special Forces!
Would you like me to contact them ?
What is your proposal ?
YES! They both have COMBAT EXPERIENCE(s)!

Pieman

Jul 5, 2005
Calif
If you knew there is a booby trap that you could get around, why set it off before you get the treasure. Get the treasure first then set off the trap to cover your tracks.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
aaron7:
Those "booby Traps" ;) are not only found in the movies... ::)
They are also found in Books and Magazines! :P
I have been in and out of Spanish Tunnels/mines and I have known people who have found some really big Spanish Treasures!!!
BUT!
Guess what!
NO! BOOBY TRAPS"

N

Noble Metal

'It was very intense, because when the explorer dug down, it broke this dike, and filled the hole with water. After doing research, they found all these tubes that were dug into the hole that leads to the sea, and when they dug past a few logs, it broke the seal on the tubes and sucked the water in.'

This was a favorite Japanese trick (whoever thet learned it from), and I promise you that if the above is the case there is some Very serious money there. ~ Also, that will not be the only problem and trick.

As to Darren's question, if a man or lady could tell that it was a rock that was going to fall on top of you when you dug or removed the treasue, then of course, get the boulder out and then do the project; but, true tricks you and I may not see or know about...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread