jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOO MANY, I need a General List of your Closest Counties.

OP
OP
O

onert62

Well I live in Snohomish County but Skagit county would work also! I know of some things in eastern washington but, nothing on this side the Pacific Northwest- Hey Thank you for your reply!!! 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, I see What You Mean, I'v Got NOTHING for Skagit.

And The ONLY thing I got For Snohomish, Is, A Ghost towns.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?"GOLD BASIN"
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? "SILVERTON"

Both Near 92, about 31 Mile East of Marysville.
Could Be a Cache or 2 There.

Surrounding Those Counties,

? ? CHALLAM COUNTY ;
? ? ? ? ? ? In 1861. VICTOR SMITH (treasury Agent) Stole $9,000.00, in Gold Coins & Buried It in a Strongbox on the Banks of the Straits of? Juan De Fuca, on 101 Near Port Angeles.
2 Miles West Of Port Angeles it is Said Large Numbers of Gold DOUBLE Eagles, Wash Ashore.

? ? ?Treasure Hunters Have Found Relics & Coins on the Makah Reservation, Supposedly From A Spanish Settlement which Dates Back To The Early 1790's.

Jefferson County.
? ? ? ? ? ?in the Area Of Port Towsend OFF 20. Along The Discovery Bay, $80,000.00 stole From A British Paymaster,is Hidden

? ? ? ? ? ?A Jewelr Named S. Buckley Buried Jewelry & Cash in the Mid 1800's in Hammond Orchard, near Port Orchard.

Saloon Owner Harry Sutton hid $11,000.00? in Hammond Orchard Also.

Kittitas COUNTY
? ? ? The LOST Swauk Creek Gold Mine, Should Be about 4 Miles West Of Liberty on he South Side of the Redtop Mtn.

FORT CASEY,FORT FLAGLEER, FORT WARDEN, Should Be Opposite Port Towsend, on Marrowstone.

OKANOGAN COUNTY

? ?CHIEF SMITHEN, Buried $18,000.00 in Gold Coins in 1918, Near the St. Mary Indian Mission off 97 in OMAK?

FORT OKANOGA? 1811 to 1874 , is Said To Have Many CACHES buried Around it.
it was Located Across From Rocky Butte, on the columbia

You May Want To Check With The Libraries In These Areas For Local Histories, To Find More Info.

YOU MAY ALSO WANNA CHECK IF MICHAEL PAUL HENSON Has a "GUIDE TO TREASURES IN WASHINGTON STATE" Book.

GOOD LUCK.

? ? ?Jeff
? ? ? ? ? ?

OP
OP
O

onert62

I just got 4 new metal Detectors the Ace 250, XJ9 treasure Hunter, Whites 2 Coin Hunter, and a old Garrett treasure hunter, when I go to a certain park in Everett Washington, they all constantly go off beeping and flashing the ground is as hard as cement! I pretty new at this and when I find one I really like I will sell or trade the other 3, any suggestions??? :-*

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being They all do it, & if It's Mainly In this Park, I'd Say Either The Ground Is VERY Trashy, Or The Iron Content Is Very High.

Normaly Iron Content, Should Just Make it Imposable To Keep a Audable Tone.

So I'd Say More Then Likely, The park May Be Built Over A Dump, Or Everyne Used It HEAVY.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Jeff,
Great work on 62's home town and area. Now all I need is for you to do that for me. Any treasure leads for Whitley County, Laurel County or Knox of South East Kentucky. I'm real close to the state line so something in Tn could work also. I have been reading about the J smith silver mine. I live about an hours drive from it's many locations.

Thanks for any info

Kermit

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Kermit,

Laurel? County :

? ?Before Being attacked By Indians in 1784,? The McNitt Party, Buried Their Valuables, Somewhere Along The Laurel River, Near LONDON, In The Levi Jackson Wilderness State Park.
Are State Parks Open To Detecting In Your State ?
You May Wanna Research This One. Supposedly The Survivors Returned But Were Never Able To Relocate Their Burial Spot.

BELL COUNTY

A Paymaster for The Union, Supposedly Thru $3,000,000.00 in Gold & Silver Bars in the Big Sandy near Pineville. He was Being Chased at the Time By Confederates.
In the 1920's Some Silver Bars Were Found in the Area.

There Is A Lost Silver Mine & Treasure in the area Of PINE MOUNTAIN. Supposedly $250,000.00 in Silver Coins & Minted Bars In the Mine.

A Bag Containing $3000.00 Near PIOLET ROCK, Near APEX, in Clark Co.

Near Winchester CHEROKEE INDIANS hid a Cache of Silver & Gold Coins They Stole In Raids on Settlements in the 1820's

HOPEFULLY one Of These Would Be Worth Some More Research

OP
OP
O

onert62

The Park was built over a dump I'll bet that is why the ground is so hard packed and I find so much junk like glass, metal chips, etc... Thanks so much for the input.. I'm still working out the bugs on the new Metal Detectors I believe this just take experience-I like to jump right in and start finding Coins and relics but, this just doesn't happen any advice?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do You Have A Yard ?

These Are Usually The Best Place to Start.

Being You Have 4 Detectors, I'd Start With The Simplest One.

& work My Way Up.

Once I'v Pushed Them All To the Limit in My Yard, I'd Pick the One I like The Most & ONLY use That one.

It Is MUCH EASIER, To Learn The Slight Signals, & Whispers A detector Gives To DEEP OLD coins,

IF you Use the Same One All the Time.

OP
OP
O

onert62

No, I do not have a yard but, I have friends I will try this, The simplest WOW- Ace 250, XJ9 Treasure Hunter, Whites Classic 2, and an old 1980's dfx Garrett metal Detector, they are all tough, but the funnest is the Ace 250 they are all fun I just need practice along with work panning and detecting not enough hours in a day!!!! Thank you any other suggestions???
Sincerely,
Jeff

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot Like the 250 For Coin Shooting.

It would Be a Great Starter.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
Thanks for all the info. I live right in the middle of most of the things you listed. I think I need to make a list. I have been to the place where the Mcnitt party was killed and buried. It's a very small and old grave yard right in the middle of the Levi Jackson state park. I'm going to give them a call just in case but my guess is no detecting. I'm real close to pine Mt. I hunted the area for deer etc as a kid. That sounds like it's worth looking into. No one would ever say anything about hunting digging on that mountian. It's way back in the sticks.

again thanks for the info.......Kermit

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
State Parks Here In PA are Open To Detecting, Hopefully Yours Are Also.

Good Luck

Jeff

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Hey Thanks Jeff for the good info on Clallam County, I am staying with my dad for a bit just a couple miles west of Port Angeles and about a mile from the coast, been here for a little over a week and found many good spots to hunt, ghost towns etc. This definately sounds like information worth checking out!

-Mike

underc

Dec 13, 2005
Edgewood, WA
CHALLAM COUNTY ;
In 1861. VICTOR SMITH (treasury Agent) Stole $9,000.00, in Gold Coins & Buried It in a Strongbox on the Banks of the Straits of Juan De Fuca, on 101 Near Port Angeles.
2 Miles West Of Port Angeles it is Said Large Numbers of Gold DOUBLE Eagles, Wash Ashore.

Went out to the beach that is referred to in this posting (thanks Jeff). Had a gray day, which is typical in Washington. A friend and I searched the beach. It looks like a barge with scrap iron may have washed up on the beach. There was scrap iron everywhere. I searched among the rocks and found this coin. Nothing spectacular, but none the less, very exciting to me. We found no Double Eagles, but my buddy was amazed I found anything. Seems that if you look long enough, your "treasure" will be found in whatever form. Keep looking...it's out there.

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,312

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Find a copy of Ruby El Hult's book, " Lost mines and treasures of the Pacific NW" and the follow up "Treasure hunting NW" both books are mainly Oregon and Washington, some Idaho too. They are out of print, so check the used bookstores.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread