jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here and to MDing.Have been MDing for just less than a year.A couple months after the purchase of the MD i was at the local beach near where i live.I was MDing a small fresh water stream that runs out onto the beach.I was just up off the beach in the rocks and got a 25c signal.At about 6" i pulled out a Chinese Qing Dynasty coin1644-1912.I left and went back several days later and just where the stream hits the sand i found a possible Netherlands William the third 1849-1890.A little further and i dug up a US cent 1820s-1830s and a French 10 centimes Napoleon the third 1853,also a British Penny Early 1800s.After leaving and returning in a couple days i found a Buenos Aires 1 Decimo 1822-1823,also copper medallion that has Italy on it.Not to sure about this one.There has been a lot of ships wrecked off these shores.These were all dug within 50ft of each other,all from different countries but all from the same era.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,976

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing and unusual find. Thanks for sharing it with us.

K

Kentucky Kache

Maybe no one told you, but you're not allowed to find caches until you've been a treasure hunter for at least 10 years...better go put it back. ;D
Seriously, those are very nice coins.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not being to experienced i dig just about everything.I feel like i have ten years experience in digging. :newbie:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jog :hello2:
That is an incredible story and awesome treasure finds.
Oh how I wish for a productive spot like that :'(

Are you continuing to hunt that area ?

Mike

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike - I have been back but it's winter here and the winds have blown in a lot more sand - no storms to clear it out again yet - I'm waiting !!! :BangHead:

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet those sounded like pulltabs.

Seriously, you need to go back and expand your search area. It sounds like you may have only scratched the surface of what is there. Hit it during low tide. Try a larger coil. good luck & keep us posted

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWnut
Have just put a 6x10DD coil on my MXT but have not been able to get back there for awhile.I need a really high tide and some good pounding waves to wash out some of the sand.The sand has built up to 2or3 feet deep in the area i need to search.What i need is a larger and deeper seeking coil but i also need it to be able to handle the high minerals in the sand at that spot.

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. You found a place everyone dreams about. Good Luck in future hunts.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you found a honey hole.

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Yep , the book i read talked about the occurance , its to do with how the tide and rock formation cause this type of item to be found at the same place.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NewtoPA!
What book would that be? :icon_study:

oldcoyote

Greenie
Dec 25, 2005
Very Interesting. :icon_scratch: Three Guesses - :icon_study: 1- Oddball shipwreck debris. Too far from the water and not scattered enough? 2- Kids playing with "Treasure Coins" from dad's cigar box. :icon_pirat: Sounds more likely. Keep looking, and check for an old house or cabin site nearby. 3- Possibly items from an old Indian cremation that eroded away long ago? ??? Perhaps. Likely to be some scattered glass beads and smaller scraps of non-ferrous junk around, if so. Look some more and save the junk for later evaluation. :coffee2:
HH.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer!
The tides have not worked to my favor this winter.I found these just after last years winter storm,and it was a 100-150 year storm.Need another humdinger like that one.I have been keeping an eye on this spot but it's going to take awhile to clear out.Doesn't look like it will happen this year. :(

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is definitely a great story and the coins look like they are in great shape to me. I would go back and pound that area there may be more.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer!
I am about 30 min, from the beach.A little longer depending on where i want to go.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron (pa)
I think your right ,i think there is more.I was there yesterday but there is a lot of sand built up.Just going to wait and keep an eye on it.The coins are in great shape but they are all very well worn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread