Whites TM 808 Specialty Metal Detector? any luck?

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's TM 808 Specialty Metal Detector? any luck?

I have one of the older models...With the cave function. I havent owned it long, but have found it to be very stable and sensitive in the field. Sorry but I can't add any more at this time..Steve

OP
OP
M

Mad_Macz

Greenie
Feb 20, 2009

Thats a start my friend and any info is welcomed for sure. I live in the midwest and I have plans of spending my time out in the field all summer looking for loot :)

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i asked the same question 2 monthes a go.now i changed idea i prefered gti 2500 whith eagle aye2box.& theris no luck yet.
the true question is .are there somone who found somthink using any 2 box detector

OP
OP
M

Mad_Macz

Greenie
Feb 20, 2009

thats true, I hope to be able to report my findings on here and ther other site treasure adventures when i get all my junk in order. There are good reviews on kellyco about it and I have talked to a few people who swear by them. the trick is useing them with other equitment as well.

T.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seriously, I would like to know. I am considering buying one this summer.

Has anybody ever found anything of value using a two-box detector?

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have one for many years, not the best of the two box units. Less sensitive than is predecessor the TM-800.
If you can get a Discovery TF-900, its the same as the older whites except now they dont put a meter on it (dont know why)

The sensitivity is lacking, remember that two boxes dont read targets like a loop detector, they gradually increase intensity so it takes practice to tell a deep target. Large superficial no problem.

I do better with my DFX and an 18" DD coil than with my TM-808

G

OP
OP
M

Mad_Macz

Greenie
Feb 20, 2009

if it ever quit snowing I could go out and have a look with it. But I am starting to think a 18inch coil might be better to. just hear enough positive things about tm 808

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

I have a TM 800

I am newly learning and like it

It picks up well and with practice I think I can
tell what it says to me better

practice makes you better with any machine

M

Mike(Mont)

The TM808 was never designed for treasure hunting. All the early ads said it was for industrial work like locating septic tanks. I had one and and was not impressed. Worked fine in air tests but that's a bout all. May pick up a car body buried at five feet or not. Tim Williams (LRLMAN) has a reasonably priced logger unit that will increase the depth considerably. One guy said he found a small screwdriver at three feet with a different brand two box and the Acr Geo Logger. Check the Geophysics page for info. Tim will be at the Texas Treasure Show in Longview TX Mar 21-22. Biggest treasure show in the country.

tmamms

Apr 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no but thinking of getting one .I'll let you know. thanks t

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
i asked the same question 2 monthes a go.now i changed idea i prefered gti 2500 whith eagle aye2box.& theris no luck yet.
the true question is .are there somone who found somthink using any 2 box detector

I have found plenty with my Hays 2 Box. The latest was a 50cal ammo box at 6'. Most don't talk about specific finds for obvious reasons. Frank...

PS: I have used the Garrett 2 Box conversion, but couldn't get over 3' down with it. Sold it a week after buying it. Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Frankn, do you realize this is a resurrection of a 2009 thread? I bit too. :icon_scratch:

Now that you mention it, I have been caught again on the resurrection of a dead thread. Ghosts of Danny! lol Frank...
skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.jpg

KZ2088

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there's a problem with "resurrecting and old thread" like I just did now, then.... don't allow it. Delete the thread after a period of no activity.

Anyway, about the TM-808. I'll get back to ya

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resurrected or not here goes........ Old TM808 with cave mode. Coffee can filled with melted engine block aluminum. 6 mos. after burying, 5' maybe a little more - dry soil. A little over 6' in wet soil. The can buried a little over 8' a whisper (not real sure). Large washers like those used on power poles 2' easily even from shoulder height. Could be more, just haven't found any deeper ones. The other is a Garrett ADS III with the Blood Hound loop. Haven't put many hours with it. Jurys still out on whether the bloodhound does better than the 14" loop. The coffee cans are buried at 5' 6' 7' 8' 10'. Amazing what a guy can do with a new gas post hole digger a little spare time and a lot of boredom. The ADS isn't anywhere as good finding the property marker pins as the TM808. Could be just my technique though.

Frankn has the machine! If you can find one buy it! Mine got stolen when I went overseas.

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a long time ago in this same thread. My TM 808 might have been a bad unit but also found a video comparing the 808 with the 800 and the author also showed much less depth with the 808.

I now run a TDI SL with a 25” NF and just acquired a 19” NF coil to try out. Great depth from the 25. Will report on the 19.

My 808 holds up shirts in a corner.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526788431.866787.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a long time ago in this same thread. My TM 808 might have been a bad unit but also found a video comparing the 808 with the 800 and the author also showed much less depth with the 808.

I now run a TDI SL with a 25” NF and just acquired a 19” NF coil to try out. Great depth from the 25. Will report on the 19.

My 808 holds up shirts in a corner.

View attachment 1592345
Liked your post for the shirt hanger comment!! Good one! Hmm... Got me thinking. Wonder if it'd hold as many shirts as my stair climber? Anyone wanna trade a vintage stair climber for an antique two box?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread