How much Gold

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening my friends' Regarding feathers & gold, Why?

Gold is weighed in Troy . 1 ton of gold = 2722.2 lbs Troy

Feathers are in Avd. 1 ton of feathers = 2240 lbs AVD (long ton)
= 2000 " " (short ton)
one pound troy = .882 Avd

one pound of AVD = 1.213 Troy

However if you specify weighing in the same type of weight, they would be the same.

so you see it is a trick question, and also that I mistyped in my post.

sigh- nope, I won't apologize.

Don Jose de La Mancha

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got a 97 f150 with the 7750lb springs in the back had way over a half ton in the back and still been leagle in ny dident feel much diferance in ride or hadling but its a ford so thats why its awsome!! but thats here and it wasent gold

redneck

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
How much gold do you expect to find?
Is your gold claim that productive?
Are there any concerns that someone else will find out about your claim?
Like the IRS?
Did you think you can really find that much gold in one trip to your claim?
Or was this just a pipe dream or a greedy dream of treasure hunting?

Gold prospecting is hard work and people don't find humongous nuggets every time they go out.
Keep dreaming and stay in touch with us, we like a good treasure story.

One thousand pounds of gold at today's prices, about $13,440,000. Good luck in finding that much on your claim.

S

stefen

Real de Tayopa said:
Good evening my friends' Regarding feathers & gold, Why?

Gold is weighed in Troy . 1 ton of gold = 2722.2 lbs Troy

Feathers are in Avd. 1 ton of feathers = 2240 lbs AVD (long ton)
= 2000 " " (short ton)
one pound troy = .882 Avd

one pound of AVD = 1.213 Troy

However if you specify weighing in the same type of weight, they would be the same.

so you see it is a trick question, and also that I mistyped in my post.

sigh- nope, I won't apologize.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Took ya a while to figure that out :thumbsup:

KJ$IPW

Dec 6, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus
What I would is sell off about 10-15 pounds of gold, and buy a slightly used garbage truck(like the kind that empty dumpsters),of course one would want that used garbage truck smell. Load your gold in the back, and transport it anywhere you want. I never seen a garbage truck pulled over by the Highway Patrol :laughing7:Then, after gold is moved, sell the slightly used truck. :laughing7:
HH
Steve

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hauled drops (ends of bars that have been cut off on a saw) and weighed them before leaving the place. They were in 55 gallon blue plastic drums. The tops were cut out. There were two of them and they weighed 2,300 pounds total and i hauled them 50 miles with no problem in a 1998 Chevy 1/2 ton extended cab pickup with 220,000 miles on it. This was all nice roads but it handled fine but I kept it under 70. You need tires that will take it usually at least 6 ply. I am sure a Ford would do the same. The thing you would have to do is make sure they cannot slide in the bed, the first time I tried it they slid every time I went around a corner and I thought they were going to rip the bed off or turn me over..haha..it did squat the truck some but not much. i don't think it would work very well in rough areas. To get the gold to the truck you might use the 55 gallon blue plastic drums cut off and cut holes in the side for handles...before you do anything practice it with weight in it to make sure it works! Sand might be a good substitute to practice with.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A half ton?Everyone knows a half ton pickup will carry at least 1000 lbs.About that 5 gal.bucket full of gold?Who you gonna get to carry that thing for ya?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much weight in gold could you fit in a 1/2 ton truck and still drive away? If you got to greedy you might get stuck on the next bump you hit and be the next big news story when to authorities arrive.
# 1. What is the answer? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread