Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Why don't we see what Mariner has to say...

Who dat? Anyways, its so much fun when i go to St Augustine and the Castillo de San Marcos and know that my great-uncle bombarded and captured that city!

OP
OP
O

originalpanama

May 1, 2009
DEJAME SABER QUE INFORMACION ADICIONAL TIENES DE LA ZONA DE NOMBRE DE DIOS Y SOBRE TODO DEL RIO NOMBRE DE DIOS Y FATORIVER. REGRESO ESTE MES A NOMBRE DE DIOS ESTA VEZ CREO QUE CON UN LORENZ O UN PULSESTAR 2 DEJAME SABER A VER QUE HACEMOS SALUDOS

OP
OP
O

originalpanama

May 1, 2009
CUENTA CONMIGO ESTE MES REGRESO A NOMBRE DE DIOS. BUSQUEMOS EL TESORO DE DRAKE O LO QUE QUEDO. NO HAY BANDIDOS COMO DICE EL AMIGO LEM49

OP
OP
O

originalpanama

May 1, 2009
CUENTA CONMIGO ESTE MES REGRESO A NOMBRE DE DIOS. BUSQUEMOS EL TESORO DE DRAKE O LO QUE QUEDO. NO HAY BANDIDOS COMO DICE EL AMIGO LEM49

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could go but I'm stuck in Bogota for a while, OriginalPanama. Espero que puedo ir pero estoy en Bogota por un rato.

OP
OP
O

originalpanama

May 1, 2009
SIR FRANCIS DRAKE TREASURE IN PANAMA NOMBRE DE DIOS

HOLA SALUDOS DESDE PANAMA
QUERIA SABER SI OUDIERAS AYUDARME CON INFORMACION ACERCA DE ESTE LOST TREASURE OF SIR FRANCIS DRAKE IN PANAMA AT CAMINO REAL 2 KILOMETROS DE NOMBRE DE DIOS...TIENES INFORMACION ? VAMOS PALLA
JOSE GARCIA
[email protected]
PANAMA

OP
OP
O

originalpanama

May 1, 2009
HI CURTIS WE ARE PREPARING OUR VISIT TO NOMBRE DE DIOS TO REACH SIR FRANCIS DRAKE COINS AN SILVER BARS...ARE YOU A DOWSER?
FOR MAP DOWSING?

OP
OP
O

originalpanama

May 1, 2009
te agradezco informacion de nombre de dios y camino real cuando drake ataco las mulñas. voy de nuevo para alla con nuevo detector

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(espanol abajo)

I wish you luck on your expedition to find Drake's lost treasure. I have searched myself several times (and others before and after me) in the proposed area but the problem is that if there is any treasure remaining after 443 years, it has sunk deep in the wet, humid ground there beyond the reach of most standard metal detectors. And that is assuming you have the right place along the camino real (for example, there is much debate about the exact point of "Rio Campo") and that they actually left any treasure. Remember, Drake's men carried off almost all the gold originally, then the Spanish returned and uncovered the vast majority of the buried silver, and then a few of Drake's men returned 2 weeks after that and found the remnants. And on top of that, various treasure hunters have been back to the area dozens of times over the last 50 years searching like you. There's even a book published in the 1990s about the treasure. But I would love to see someone finally find something from this famous mule train robbery! It would be one of the greatest finds ever!

Here's a great website that details Drake's 1573 mule train robebry in Panama in case anyone is interested: http://www.indrakeswake.co.uk/Society/Research/treasure.htm

You must be careful, though. Beware of landowners (always get permission to search a property), officials from INAC who can (arbitrarily) arrest you and/or seize your equipment, and petty crime is not unheard of in this area.

(Espanol)

Le deseo suerte en su expedición para encontrar el tesoro perdido de Drake. He buscado a mí mismo varias veces (y otros antes y despues que yo) en la zona propuesta, pero el problema es que si hay algún tesoro que queda después de 443 años, se ha hundido profundamente en el suelo mojado, húmedo no más allá del alcance de la mayoría de los detectores de metales normales . Y eso es suponiendo que tiene el lugar correcto a lo largo del camino real (por ejemplo, existe un gran debate sobre el punto exacto de "Río Campo") y que en realidad dejó ningún tesoro. Recuerde, los hombres de Drake se llevaron casi todo el oro originalmente, a continuación, el español volvió y descubrió que la gran mayoría de la plata enterrada, y luego unos pocos de los hombres de Drake devuelto 2 semanas después de eso y encontró los restos. Y encima de eso, varios cazadores de tesoros han sido de nuevo a la zona de las docenas de veces en los últimos 50 años buscando como usted. Incluso hay un libro publicado sobre el tesoro. Pero me gustaría ver a alguien finalmente encontró algo de este famoso robo del tren de la mula! Sería uno de los más grandes hallazgos de la historia!

Aquí hay un gran sitio web que detalla 1573 mula tren robebry de Drake en Panamá, en caso de que alguien está interesado: http://www.indrakeswake.co.uk/Society/Research/treasure.htm

Usted debe tener cuidado, sin embargo. Cuidado con los propietarios (siempre obtener el permiso para buscar una propiedad), funcionarios del INAC que puede (arbitrariamente) arrestarlo y / o apoderarse de su equipo, y hay ladrones en este area. Buena suerte!

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My god that website is a one stop shop about drake I love it.

Yeah I think it would be the find of the century if the coffin was discovered. Who knows maybe an amateur treasure hunter from Australia, might get lucky :)
With modern day sonar. Might be the way to go. Can do it small scale with a boat and a small dingy. Map an entire bay area in a day. Penetrate deep into the sand

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Drake #1.jpg Drake #2.jpg

This was a gift printed for members of the Society.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Panama.jpg

Atlantis Appendix, sive pars Altera, continens Tab: Geographicas diversarum Orbis regionum, nunc primum editas. Amsterdami, Apud Guiljelmum Blaeuw. Anno (1630).

Last edited:

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, Old Bookaroo. I have a copy of this book in my library. I think there might be some left-over silver bars scattered about at the site of the mule train robbery, however, the area is vast and the bars should be quite deep after 444 years.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, if I were looking for Drake's treasure, I'd be interested in the silver that was jettisoned because the weight was about to scuttle his vessel. "Fit to sink with gold," said John Silver, of Flint's ship the Walrus.

Silver, not gold, however, almost brought the Golden Hind to grief.

This is probably not the best way to go after it:

Police Officer to Pirate: Looking for Gold in All the Wrong Places - latimes

45 tons of silver? Hmmm.....

Also interesting: In Drake's Wake - Finding Sir Francis Drake's "Cophin of Lead"

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

That forty five tons is on Angel Island in San Francisco. Good Luck on getting permission. Better to go to the jungle and fight the poison snakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread