Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing to add just curious, you hunters that go to that area
your not worried about the drug cartel/s

I"ve been to Portobello many times and it's a safe and popular tourist attraction. I'd be much more worried about random petty crime (although still unlikely) or the local authorities confiscating your detector. You're probably thinking of the Darien province (more towards Colombia). It's quite far from Portobello.

Drake1596

May 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170517_123216.jpg 20170517_123619.jpg

Sent from my SM-S920L using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Drake1596

May 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,too, was under the impression the coffin was outside Porto. bay. BTW, when we were there several years ago, the bottom of the bay was filled with crud,muck and mud. The vis. was terrible so, after several hours of 'searching', we went into the town and enjoyed the local adult beverages.
Don.....
20170517_123216.jpg 20170517_123619.jpg found this coin. Going to research the other finds before showing

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi group. Just wondering if anyone has heard. I was on my facebook today and someone shared an interesting article that a group of international treasure hunters are close to finding drakes remains. They have already fround and identified 2 of drakes fleet that where wrecked around panama

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Drake1596

May 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi group. Just wondering if anyone has heard. I was on my facebook today and someone shared an interesting article that a group of international treasure hunters are close to finding drakes remains. They have already fround and identified 2 of drakes fleet that where wrecked around panama

So they think ;)

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, we've been hearing this for years and every expedition to his supposed resting place (in a lead coffin) off of Portobelo has been a failure so far. Please link the article if you can find it.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, we've been hearing this for years and every expedition to his supposed resting place (in a lead coffin) off of Portobelo has been a failure so far. Please link the article if you can find it.
Will do have to see if i can find it. Sorry first im aware of it. Only recently found the drake story

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread