Status
Not open for further replies.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of very wealthy americans own property, and homes in cuba. The kennedy's being one. Americans can fly to cuba from the islands. Can't fly out of miami or key west to cuba, but the islands are ok. Cuba was the hot spot back in the day for americans. Maybe one day it will happen again - who knows. As for detecting in cuba - all I can say is "#$%#&^$ %^&$%^& !@#$)^_&&%R^&$%$^&&%#!!#$@$%". That translates to "lots of goodies" with a few other choice words to get the blood flowing. I can only imagine what is on those beaches. If one new what to look for - it could be very possible to eyeball cobs, and other numerous artifacts.
I know if I ever go back to cuba (since I am older now, and know alot more) I am going to chat with the local fisherman. One thing is for sure - beach renourishment does not exist in cuba.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found most cubans (including police) to be very negotiable. I would be fine w bringing in a md. But have something to offer just in case.

goldenRush

Oct 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading to Cuba next week and was hoping to bring my detector.

I had sent the Cuban Publico (Customs Police) an email inquiring about bringing a detector into the country from Canada.
This was their response:

Respondiendo su consulta le podemos decirle que los detectores de metales no se encuentran en la relación de los equipos que no se admite la entrada al país, por lo que dentro del límite de importación sin carácter comercial que puede realizar un pasajero y pagando el arancel que corresponda, lo pudiera importar; ahora bien, si le permiten utilizarlo en el complejo turístico donde estará, ya no es de nuestro conocimiento.
Atentamente,

Asesora Jurídica
Atención al Público

This is the translation verbatim:

Answering an inquiry we can say that metal detectors are not on the list of teams that admittance to the country, so that within the limits of non-commercial imports that can make a passenger paying the tariff appropriate, it could matter, however, if you are allowed to use in the resort where you will be, and not to our knowledge.
Sincerely,

Counsel

Public Attention

Clearly, I am no further ahead with their response.

greg755

Feb 2, 2008
Seneca Falls, NY
I grew up in Miami and have visted Cuba several times both privately and while in the service. Spent years researching Cuba while diving for ships off the keys and other parts of florida. There are a lot of SERIOUS treasure hunters that want to search Cuba and for good reason.

There is much in the Spanish archives about Cuba. In addition I have compiled all kids of data about hotels/resorts, beaches (where they were located) from the older Cubans as well as many treasure stories and accounts of their "flight to freedom".

I have been waiting all my life for Castro to go away and for Cuba to become a free nation.

With that being said it would be way to risky just to bring a detector and risk it being confiscated or you getting arrested much less if you found a real treasure that you would have to transport out of there.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cuba government may let you find treasures, but, then they will take all of it, if not our IRS will take most of it. Don't go.

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
the answer is easy .
by using an XP deus machine its doable so long as you use a coil strapped to your shoe ,and no stem .
you only need the headphones and no control box ,but the box can be in your pocket or on your arm .its the stem that arouses suspicion .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Another of Sam's diggin up the past. STILL LIFE-000-3 croc.jpg

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#31 is another insult my Frankn aim at me. Why me? #29 was November 12, before my interesting comments.

brinks123

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you would never ever in a million years explain to anybody there including the authorities especially that you were planning on looking for any types of coins,jewellery ect in Cuba ever in a million years with a M.D lol. As soon as you get there they normally go through your bag to see if you have brought anything new ,such as dvd players ,computers ect , which they tax and collect money or you don't enter with it,especially if its new. put it this way bud,they have issues with tourists taking pic's near their military anything ,anywhere , so you can guarantee never in a million years would they ever allow anybody entering as a tourist to bring in something such as a metal detector,ever.Especially if they saw you were a yankee who they can't stand in the first place traditionally. Cuba is awesome,and thankfully the safest place in the world to vacation,live and play ,but they tell you whats up there you don't ask them s...t, Ive been there over a dozen times myself generally as far away from any resorts as I could possibly be and stayed in their private homes,and casa particulars ect about 10 of those times.Believe me your ideas won't work there ever,and the only thing which will end up happening is your detector or other unallowable item will be seized and likely never returned at all.The customs in Cuba are not a storage facility,your stuff would be gone for good the minute you walked away.Bearing in mind those customs officials make a paltry 20-30 $ worth of our $$ monthly ,that being an excellent wage there. If it were possible there would be Cubans running around scavenging up all the tourist gold left behind daily,but I've yet to see one person ,and stayed there over75 day's.

brinks123

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the very idea that the majority of Cubans would want democracy is a figment of peoples imaginations. The main reason is they don't know how else to live it's been like it is forever now. while many Cubans complain about things they wish they could do and buy ,the majority prefer to let the dictatorship command the island. dreams of opening up the island and democracy for Cubans so the place can turn into another Costa Rica for all the worlds millionaires and elite to go in and buy up the coastlines is a dream,and will alway's be just that. it would take decades upon decades for that place to open itself up. The usa's idea that they can just force their freedom upon every backwater nation is laughable .I love the way Castro has thumbed his nose at those twits in the U.S , since he tossed out all the Gangsters, and the other gangsters who supposedly call themselves US senators with personal interest in fruit companies riches and showed them who was boss the usa imposed sanctions are an insult to humanity. Besides the way things are now make it the best tourist destination by far , without the communism the place would be garbage . NO guns , no violence, , no problems.

JaDogg

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the very idea that the majority of Cubans would want democracy is a figment of peoples imaginations. The main reason is they don't know how else to live it's been like it is forever now. while many Cubans complain about things they wish they could do and buy ,the majority prefer to let the dictatorship command the island. dreams of opening up the island and democracy for Cubans so the place can turn into another Costa Rica for all the worlds millionaires and elite to go in and buy up the coastlines is a dream,and will alway's be just that. it would take decades upon decades for that place to open itself up. The usa's idea that they can just force their freedom upon every backwater nation is laughable .I love the way Castro has thumbed his nose at those twits in the U.S , since he tossed out all the Gangsters, and the other gangsters who supposedly call themselves US senators with personal interest in fruit companies riches and showed them who was boss the usa imposed sanctions are an insult to humanity. Besides the way things are now make it the best tourist destination by far , without the communism the place would be garbage . NO guns , no violence, , no problems.
Yeah real paradise. Work all month to buy a pair of pants. He was a gangster. I know a family that lost everything. Had a tomato farm. Garbage is going to the bathroom and turning the water on to talk so that you won't get ratted out by a neighbor. Don't be so cavalier with the freedom you have, it was bought with a price. Yeah there are a lot of D bags that abuse their political power and we should be fighting that.

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I LOL at your ignorant post. "NO guns , no violence, , no problems." Yet Cuba has a homicide rate of 4.2 per 100,000. Source: UNODC homicide rates. America: 4.7 per 100,000. Not a big difference considering Cuba has no guns. LOL!! I'd rather have 0.5 more homicides per 100,000 than to live in communism. I can name so many countries that allow private ownership of firearms and yet have a much lower homicide rate. Like the Czech Republic: 1.0 per 100,000 yet they allow CCW, high cap mags and AKs. Dream on commie.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasurehunter1, we now only allow political posts in the politics forum under Charter Membership.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is political in nature and only allowed under the politics forum.

OP is not CM so thread is locked..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread