Pensacola, Florida Cache

JohnRoy

Greenie
Oct 26, 2005
I've got some information on a possible Pensacola, Florida, cache from my boss here at work. He says that when he was a child, he used to dig in the back yard of his home for buried money, since he had heard that in the old days people used to bury money. Anyway, him and his brother were digging in the ground a few feet deep when they came across a a large metal box. Their first thought was that they had stumbled upon a grave, but when I asked him today, he said that they had only gone a couple of feet down into the ground. They buried the hole, and left the box where it was. If anyone down that way wants to dig at this site, please email me for the information, and I'll give it to you. I guess that I'll give it only to the first person, so that we do not scare away the owner of the house. I will tell you that this house was located on West Belmont Street. The physical address I can provide for you if you email me personally. I guess you may have to work something out with the landwowner, but I would like a small finder's fee if anything turns up. I'm flexible, though. I have a very modest percentage in mind.
-John in Augusta, GA
P.S. My boss is in his late 40s.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
JohnRoy said:
I've got some information on a possible Pensacola, Florida, cache from my boss here at work. He says that when he was a child, he used to dig in the back yard of his home for buried money, since he had heard that in the old days people used to bury money. Anyway, him and his brother were digging in the ground a few feet deep when they came across a a large metal box. Their first thought was that they had stumbled upon a grave, but when I asked him today, he said that they had only gone a couple of feet down into the ground. They buried the hole, and left the box where it was. If anyone down that way wants to dig at this site, please email me for the information, and I'll give it to you. I guess that I'll give it only to the first person, so that we do not scare away the owner of the house. I will tell you that this house was located on West Belmont Street. The physical address I can provide for you if you email me personally. I guess you may have to work something out with the landwowner, but I would like a small finder's fee if anything turns up. I'm flexible, though. I have a very modest percentage in mind.
-John in Augusta, GA
P.S. My boss is in his late 40s.

Sounds like a real winner and I'll bet it didn't take long to get a taker. I just now found the post and I wish I had seen it sooner.

This isn't the first treasure I've heard of in that area.

Hope we hear what happens. Please message me if something comes of it.

OP
OP
J

JohnRoy

Greenie
Oct 26, 2005
It is still available. I'm married with 2 young children and will bot be able to get down there. -John

OP
OP
J

JohnRoy

Greenie
Oct 26, 2005
I am a librarian. I've just emailed a librarian down there for the name of the current owner so that you can contact him. -John

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
It sounds very interesting, 8) JohnRoy, keep us posted on what happens...
Good luck, to you both. ?
SS

OP
OP
J

JohnRoy

Greenie
Oct 26, 2005
Update:
My boss just told me that as a child, him and his brother found a Morgan Silver dollar buried in the yard. He said that he now thinks that the box was probably about the size of a small desk, but they had gotten scared and covered the hole back up before looking into it. Sounds to me that it may be an old footlocker style metal box.
-John

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
oooh-la-la
this is going to be a great find for someone. You need to be the one that goes down there tho...two young kids or not...you find a good cache like this it will pay your way !

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
hmm very interesting, the size of a small desk holy cow if its full could be a heck of a find, definatly keep us updated, tammahawk

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Sounds good. I just messaged you. We'll see what's up.

Zeb

Hey,

Whatever happened with this? You can PM me if you don't wanna post

Mike

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
gollum said:
Michigan Badger said:
Sounds good. I just messaged you. We'll see what's up.

Zeb

Hey,

Whatever happened with this? You can PM me if you don't wanna post

Mike

The person who started this thread "JohnRoy" took over the hunt for this cache and no one has heard from him since.

So, maybe he'll read this and return to let us all know what happned? My guess is it turned out to be nothing. That's the way most of these things go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions