2.5 pound silver ingot

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
found this while detecting with my 10 year old neice, i thaught this feild was worked out boy was i wrong dont know if someone buried or droped this but do know this feild has had an 1812 seminole war button come out of the ground.
i tested the silver with acid and it came out better than 925 WOW now that is a cache. this goes to show there is still treasure out there waiting to be found goodluck to all.....

UPDATE:10-06-09 had appraised today at 500.00 not totaly sure of purity but is silver
WOW cant wait to enter the western and eastern treasure best finds of 2009 AWESOME :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :laughing7:

Attachments

• dads find 003 (Small) (2).jpg
    dads find 003 (Small) (2).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,327
  • dads find 003 (Small) (2).jpg
    dads find 003 (Small) (2).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,320
  • dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    dads find 001 (Small).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,325
  • dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    dads find 002 (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,320

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an astonishing find for this area?!! The oldest find I found since being back here in St Pete is a few pieces of a harmonica reed and a piece of an old toy gun. :dontknow:

Bran <><

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
godisnum1 said:
That's an astonishing find for this area?!! The oldest find I found since being back here in St Pete is a few pieces of a harmonica reed and a piece of an old toy gun. :dontknow:

Bran <><
oh there is alot of history here. you wouldnt beleive some of the stuff i find
simply amazing

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Relichunter:

I'm glad you found it, not me. 2.5 pounds of silver wouldn't come close to paying the medical bills from the heart attack I'd have if I dug that up! :icon_thumleft:

Chip V.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunter777 said:
simply amazing

I know we have history here, though it seems hard to detect for because of how much of the area has been built over since I was a kid. I've grew up here and have lived in the same place for 26 years, and I've seen SO many places developed. Guess I'm just gonna have to do more research for this area, now that I'm back down here for good (from college in Missouri). Most of my good research was for up north...

Bran <><

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
chipveres said:
Relichunter:

I'm glad you found it, not me. 2.5 pounds of silver wouldn't come close to paying the medical bills from the heart attack I'd have if I dug that up! :icon_thumleft:

Chip V.
funny you say that ive had two plus open heart and only 37 metal detecting
is a way of stress releif and to get excersise.

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
godisnum1 said:
relichunter777 said:
simply amazing

I know we have history here, though it seems hard to detect for because of how much of the area has been built over since I was a kid. I've grew up here and have lived in the same place for 26 years, and I've seen SO many places developed. Guess I'm just gonna have to do more research for this area, now that I'm back down here for good (from college in Missouri). Most of my good research was for up north...

Bran <><
i grew up here too, and im in clearwater near ft.harrison were you know there was a fort here many many moons ago. this whole area including st.pete is very very old they say some before columbus in the 1300s damn thats old plus just look for areas any area has a history. im always looking at trees and the larger the older.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunter777 said:
i grew up here too, and im in clearwater near ft.harrison were you know there was a fort here many many moons ago. this whole area including st.pete is very very old they say some before columbus in the 1300s damn thats old plus just look for areas any area has a history. im always looking at trees and the larger the older.

Yes, I knew the area is quite old. Panfilo de Narvaez landed here in the 1520's, right down the street from my church... and I used to go on archaeological digs here in the area as well, as there were Native American tribes all over the coastal areas. Not to mention the privateers/pirates that roamed our coast, such as Billy Bowlegs; whom I just found out while researching that he was locked up at the fort over on Egmont Key in May, 1858 with his band of Seminole warriors... which is pretty neat!
Anyway, there's definitely history here... if I can only find the soil to swing my coil over. lol

Bran <><

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
godisnum1 said:
relichunter777 said:

Yes, I knew the area is quite old. Panfilo de Narvaez landed here in the 1520's, right down the street from my church... and I used to go on archaeological digs here in the area as well, as there were Native American tribes all over the coastal areas. Not to mention the privateers/pirates that roamed our coast, such as Billy Bowlegs; whom I just found out while researching that he was locked up at the fort over on Egmont Key in May, 1858 with his band of Seminole warriors... which is pretty neat!
Anyway, there's definitely history here... if I can only find the soil to swing my coil over. lol

Bran <><
i would love to get my hands on some very old maps have seen some of this area but not enough really to work with.

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
godisnum1 said:
relichunter777 said:

Bran <><
would love to get my hands on some old maps of pinellas which used to be hillsborough county well need someone with two box have couple of leads on a two box for some cache hunting. personally pulled 30 pounds from bellair fl from wifes grandfathers old place well GOD bless talk at ya later.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wouldn't happen to be from Belleair Bluffs area, would it? Just wondering... I've read some information over that area in the past... about a certain fresh water spring. :wink: You're probably right about the two-box... I'll check around to see if anyone has one in this area. I have a 15" WOT coil for my IDX Pro that should get down to about 1-1/2 to 2 feet on a moderately sized item. No telling what it would do for larger metallic items. A friend of mine found a US belt plate with the same coil at about 14 inches up in Arkansas. Anyway, I'll also keep my eyes peeled for old maps for Hillsborough during my research. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
godisnum1 said:
That wouldn't happen to be from Belleair Bluffs area, would it? Just wondering... I've read some information over that area in the past... about a certain fresh water spring. :wink: You're probably right about the two-box... I'll check around to see if anyone has one in this area. I have a 15" WOT coil for my IDX Pro that should get down to about 1-1/2 to 2 feet on a moderately sized item. No telling what it would do for larger metallic items. A friend of mine found a US belt plate with the same coil at about 14 inches up in Arkansas. Anyway, I'll also keep my eyes peeled for old maps for Hillsborough during my research. :)

Bran <><
my wife is a native of fl and her grandparents started bellair bluff and yes there used to be a natural spring there supposally pirates buried some treasure around there. know of a few guys digin to there chest daily in the heat all day looking for something good obveously they have no idea about two box. well dont give up.
and remember you have to dig the trash out to get to the treasure...

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunter777 said:
my wife is a native of fl and her grandparents started bellair bluff and yes there used to be a natural spring there supposally pirates buried some treasure around there. know of a few guys digin to there chest daily in the heat all day looking for something good obveously they have no idea about two box. well dont give up.
and remember you have to dig the trash out to get to the treasure...

I heard that the spring may still be there, close to the hospital... and close to a particular mansion that was owned previously by Lisa Marie Presley.
http://www.sptimes.com/News/051700/NorthPinellas/Kirstie_Alley_buys_Pr.shtml
I'm sure it's just hear-say... and I'd be better off if I had a boat to cruise the bluffs & see for myself.
And that's interesting that there are guys out digging big holes, as I thought it was too classy of a neighborhood to allow that. A two-box would be a beneficial tool though for here in our area.
I'll never give up... history is in my blood.

Oh, and I know it's a last minute notice... but myself, K*E*L*L*Y, and LX Kid are heading down to Anna Maria Island to meet up with cntrydncr1 (the huge ring in the banner is hers), and possibly Mumsie & Florida Bill at 7am on Sunday morning... if you'd like to come with us.
I can't believe I'm actually missing church to go. lol Anyway, if you're able to go, let me know.
Here's the link...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,273089.new.html#new

Bran <><

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantistic find, congrads. wishing you the best at finding more great finds. thanks for sharing, take care. ron :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
relichunter777

relichunter777

May 15, 2009
clearwater,fl
Detector(s) used
xlt spectrum
godisnum1 said:
You probably already came across these, but I figured I'd post them just in case you hadn't.
Doubt they'll be "great" for map-overlay...

http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/maps/galleries/County/hillsborough/index.php

Bran <><
thanks havnt seen all of those need some city plot type maps to know were people used to live and play? have found some for largo but hate to hunt there!!!
am planning a trip to pasco county area to an old cattle ranch with a detecting buddy camping out there and all keep you posted.need a two box bad trying to find the motherload!!!! have a couple of spots that id love to hunt?????ps i know exactly were this spring is mabey one day you can check it out ive been close enough to spit in on a small bridge goes across it and it is deep alot of huge stone and things would love to check it out more but its right in the richest areas around here but cant say nothing if your already in the water when you go in there. well talk at ya later

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunter777 said:
thanks havnt seen all of those need some city plot type maps to know were people used to live and play? have found some for largo but hate to hunt there!!!
am planning a trip to pasco county area to an old cattle ranch with a detecting buddy camping out there and all keep you posted.need a two box bad trying to find the motherload!!!! have a couple of spots that id love to hunt?????ps i know exactly were this spring is mabey one day you can check it out ive been close enough to spit in on a small bridge goes across it and it is deep alot of huge stone and things would love to check it out more but its right in the richest areas around here but cant say nothing if your already in the water when you go in there. well talk at ya later

Yep, I'm gonna start looking for some good old plat maps as well for the area. I bet the library might have them on file there. Your trip to Pasco sounds like a fun one! Hope you guys find some neat finds... I was just researching a little for Ocala, because I used to go to Indian ceremonies there, and have found alot of arrow points and stuff around that area. There was also a fort there in Ocala as well. Anyway, might be an interesting spot for me to look into visiting in the future. I hope you can get your hands on a two-box... though I'd probably, after research, narrow down the area with a detector first before using a two-box... just to know that the area is dating to the right time period. And those rich areas are hard to actually locate and extract anything from. Getting permission would be next to impossible, I'm sure... unless you're a real smooth talker. I think as long as you're in the water though, it is probably fair game.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread