new cashe

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
today when we where out metal decting there was a tree that "y"ed and i looked down in it and there was a jar. i opened it and there is a note that says do not remove . then a list attached to it with peoples names and dates so i got the idea added our name and date and put it back down in the tree.

the people who do this is called

geocasheing.com

i went to the site it was kinda neat they have these things all over the US. you can type in your zip and find one in your area. there are alot around here and we live in the country.

just though i'd share the info. good luck finding one in your area.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Yep my Uncle and my brother and I started one in the State Park near us back when they just first started the GeoCaching movement, Now I think there 150 of them with in 100 miles of me!!! Its pretty neat most of them have the GPS coordinates and some also have the Compass bearings to find them, Theres even a few of them in one of the Lakes by me.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my girl go out geo-caching. It is her favorite hobby and she turned me on to it. We get out in the woods alot hiking with the dog looking for the caches. I keep my eyes peeled for bottle dumps and good places to detect. That piece of paper you saw is too record your geocacheing screen name on on to proove you located it. Some of the caches have trinkets in them, you can take a few and leave a few. They have travel bug coins made for the hobby, they have a mission to see how far they travel. We took travel bug coins on a cycle trip from Maryland to Key West Fla. last year.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Geo-caching is fun for a lot of folks. It gives a since if adventure. I'm spoiled and like looking for caches of stuff buried by people that are gone or so elderly that they don't have a clue to what they buried or why or where.

Maybe it's a little bit of Indiana Jones mixed with a little bit of detective type researching that interest me. I have family still living that hide things geocache style. And they have all the quiet subtle find if you can attitudes that past family members had. My family can keep me busy looking when I'm not looking for old treasures.

If you like geocaching, have fun and happy hunting.

F

frogwizard

I geocache with my sister and friends. We have found some of the most beautiful places when caching. I would have never known some of these places existed if I hadn't been caching. It is good exercise and I love the fact that you can find the tiniest little film canister in a huge forest!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I was rock hounding in the hills one time when a couple of people with a GPS unit showed up a few feet from us. They found a Geo cache site setup near a log and went about their business of making an exchange in the cache sites. We exchanged greeting with them before they went on their way.

I returned to that site again on another day and a different group of three people showed up. I asked "Are you Geo caching" to get a yes out of them. They were relatively warm at first on finding it but got turned away from it. I was nice and said turn a little more to one side and they were able to find it. They were surprised about me knowing where it was and we talked a couple minute and they walked away with a little more insight on the subject of Geo caching.

It's nice to know the area and how to do GPS and map and compass reading.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread