2 locations.....a farm and a another farm
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2004

2 locations.....a farm and a another farm

The first location is deep in the woods behind my house, in pembroke mass. It used to be a log cutting place it looks like and a mushroom farm. The second location is a farm with lots of walls (rock) and one stone foundation. Lots of buckets everywhere. I have gone detecing there before and i found a peice of metal that was hollow, dont know what it is, it has dirt in the middle. At the mushoom farm, ive been there many times detecting and found junk and peices of corroded metal. If there are caches at either place....where would they be? At the 2nd farm, there are stonewalls with white rocks every 15 feet or so, could they be markers? PLease respon asap.

us
    Tesoro Cibola

Jul 2005
    Massachusetts
    Tesoro Cibola
    16 times

Re: 2 locations.....a farm and a another farm

Sounds like some great places! Im in Ma too, havent really been to pembroke alot. Do you have a detector? The white rocks could be markers for where to plant rows of crops or seomthing.

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    309 times

Sounds like a great place to hunt. Start with the stone foundation of what would have been the house,then milk or spring house. work slow and mark off your hunted area on paper. What kind of trees are in the area? Maples would account for the buckets you mention unless they had an unusual amount for a normal working farm...which most people didn't.Can you date the place?
    You mentioned White rocks? are these painted? In the foundation or walls? or just laying around?
    Sometimes people had cellar holes in there barns ...look for any indication of those....remember the movie..Second hand Lions....just like that one. People did store valuables and money in old milk cans . Submerged them right into the water in their spring house.Look for root cellars also .
    Hope this helps .
    The logging place...I don't know...so much scrap iron left at those places...but old logging tools are worth something.
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Aug 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Garrett Ace 250
    49 times

If you ever want help, I'm in MA too!

us
    Looking for that ONE find.

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    88 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

All I can tell you is listen when GH speaks. HH Burdie

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    62 times

active for 2 days big hurry..
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

May 2005
    55 times

G,

welcome to the board.

They both sound like good locations. Have you done any research on the two areas?

Slow down; take them one at a time. Enjoy being out.

have a good un.........
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

us
    Sep 2007
    134 times

Need help, I live in Connecticut.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links