2 locations.....a farm and a another farm

gregofMA

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2004
The first location is deep in the woods behind my house, in pembroke mass. It used to be a log cutting place it looks like and a mushroom farm. The second location is a farm with lots of walls (rock) and one stone foundation. Lots of buckets everywhere. I have gone detecing there before and i found a peice of metal that was hollow, dont know what it is, it has dirt in the middle. At the mushoom farm, ive been there many times detecting and found junk and peices of corroded metal. If there are caches at either place....where would they be? At the 2nd farm, there are stonewalls with white rocks every 15 feet or so, could they be markers? PLease respon asap.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Sounds like some great places! Im in Ma too, havent really been to pembroke alot. Do you have a detector? The white rocks could be markers for where to plant rows of crops or seomthing.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sounds like a great place to hunt. Start with the stone foundation of what would have been the house,then milk or spring house. work slow and mark off your hunted area on paper. What kind of trees are in the area? Maples would account for the buckets you mention unless they had an unusual amount for a normal working farm...which most people didn't.Can you date the place?
You mentioned White rocks? are these painted? In the foundation or walls? or just laying around?
Sometimes people had cellar holes in there barns ...look for any indication of those....remember the movie..Second hand Lions....just like that one. People did store valuables and money in old milk cans . Submerged them right into the water in their spring house.Look for root cellars also .
Hope this helps .
The logging place...I don't know...so much scrap iron left at those places...but old logging tools are worth something.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
active for 2 days big hurry..

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
G,

welcome to the board.

They both sound like good locations. Have you done any research on the two areas?

Slow down; take them one at a time. Enjoy being out.

have a good un.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions