dogs, money, and books

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one book, MONEY DOG, Training Man's Best Friend To Find Currency, by, Joseph Two Dogs, copyrighted 1992 by Y. Lynn Publishing, Mountain Home, Arkansas. About 30 pages; all meat and no potatoes. ;D He tells how to pick the puppy and train him (or her). His personal choice was a female Bloodhound, but he discusses other breeds, too. He describes how to train the dog and how to make the "target" and is humorous doing it.

This is an excellent book. I bought my copy about 14 years ago at Wayne's Detector Sales in OKC. At that time, Wayne had a book supplier who could get a lot of books not found other places. Mountain Home, Arkansas is a very small place; more of a community than a town. At least when I drove through there years ago. It's in far western Arkansas; north of I-40 and if one cannot find the book anywhere else, maybe checking telephone info for Joseph Two Dogs will produce results. :dontknow:

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
The other book is by Miles Forte and and has Fido in the title. When I wake up I'll come back and list the entire title if someone hasn't beat me to it. siegfried schlagrule UPDATE - The book title is The Game and the subtitle is something like "Getting Fido to Pay his Own Way"

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
The other book is by Miles Forte and and has Fido in the title. When I wake up I'll come back and list the entire title if someone hasn't beat me to it. siegfried schlagrule UPDATE - The book title is The Game and the subtitle is something like "Getting Fido to Pay his Own Way"

Heck, I'd be satisfied if he'd just clean up after his self. :laughing9:

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: dogs, money, and books, I need copies too

Shortstack,

Is it asking too much to zerox a copy of the book for me? I will pay for it. I researched this Joseph 2 Dogs some years ago and his book.I was told he was no longer in Arkansas but was out west someplace as an Indian guide? Research Unlimited had none of the books. I only tracked down 1 person who had a copy and that was Andy S in South Carolina and he would not part with it. At least I'd have a good excuse to get a doggie friend expecially if he could find gold deposits and cash hoards for me too?
Thanks,ps, I have a substantial treasure book collection.Maybe we could trade?

-Tom

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Train your dog to find silver coins. This is much easier since silver corrodes causing a nauseating smell. Try puting a silver coin in a zip loc bag with a moist paper towel and leave it for months. Once you open the bag.. u can smell it and see what I am talking about. Well out in the open coins are sometimes exposed to good amounts of humidity and dirt. It will be easier for the dog to start with that. Make it a game for the dog.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its a well known fact that dogs can be trained to smell out drugs -- its also well know that due to the huge amounts of illegal drugs used by americans --most US money has at least some tiny amount of drug residue on it -- so in theory at least ---a good bit of money if hidden in a cache could be detectible by a trained dope sniffing dog. :wink: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
good idea ivan= don't want to risk having drugs to train with. it might cost me more than i'd want to pay. never been in jail and don't wanna' be.===merry christmas--- tenclaw=========

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a dog that is a Super Snooper, I wished I could train him to find silver coins, lol, he is a hole digger also. He is a American Foxhound.

Attachments

• IMG_8642.JPG
    IMG_8642.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_8642.JPG
    IMG_8642.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 555

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone told me awhile back there was a guy that had a video on UTube showing his dog finding cash. Never had the time to see it, don't know if it's true or a spoof.

Check the dog turds in the parks! I'm not kidding! Don't know how many times I've wondered if it was coincidence or the dog pooed right on the coin just to get a laugh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread