Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grimroofer said:
im hoping to get back to this one it might be a good one to hunt what do you think!

That's not an approved OSHA work place!

Dig em all

Nov 28, 2009
Connecticut Sam said:
Many great stories.
hello sam its time you get out and detect somethings go down seaside or even check the snowbanks at c town,,,,td owen is a ass and james beardsley is the best cause he is better then the rest with his funny comments and great stories and all south Carolina bats hang in their caves at night upside down hcc is the best accounting school and long live the king! All the best to you my friend! james

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
why do guys always have to "model" when taking pics of outhouses? just can't pass up the opportunity to see if it fits?

Slipperyjack47

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
ive never dug a outhouse but ive dug a bottle dump and let me tell you, wear thick gloves! Ive cut my hand up badly when i foud broken glass. Be careful digging up glass :)

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I helped a man dig in an old outhouse site some years ago. There were beau coup bottles, many of value. But, all I think of was wondering how long TB spores will last.

chazman

Jan 21, 2014
the sticks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finds? anything you could drop easily as you drop the kids off at the pool. aka, nice little silver snuff box :) knives, coins etc.
dangers, watch for bits of glass.
how to find it, look downwind of the main buildings, door facing away from most traffic. usually a small depression in the ground with more vegetative growth than the surrounding area.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
We just put this one on a new hole in Sept of last year. Maybe I will throw some coins down there next time I use it!
Outhouse

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, be sure to use a 1/4inch SCREEN on all the stuff between bottles, and other stuff, the smaller stuff is much better, you know - coins, rings, pocket watches, buttons, you name it!
Metal detect, for sure - at each level, down to undisturbed soil, bedrock, whatever! Long probes may help find outhouse pits, but shorter ones get to loose, un-consolideated spots, good stuff, right away, then go from there! And be sure to use sturdy boots (nails!) and gloves (glass!),
Also, don't expect to find the outhouse locations, too far away from the house/cabin, depends tho, so another variable was water sources, prevailing winds, other things that you would use if you located one for yourself....
Good luck, Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions