Anyone have access to "jesse james was one of his names" to help id cache in MO?

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Anyone have access to "jesse james was one of his names" to help id cache in MO?

I have been investigating signs and symbols found on trees and limestone structures in mid-Missouri. My research leads me to believe that these indicate a probable KGC template/depository. My father had a copy of "Jesse James was one of his names," and I seem to recall that one of the named treasures was something like "The skull treasure" or "skull and bones treasure." If anyone has access to the book and could satisfy my curiosity, I would be most appreciative. Thank you in advance!

OP
OP
Ground0

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Re: Anyone have access to "jesse james was one of his names" to help id cache in MO?

Thanx for your warm welcome and response! I, too have checked into purchasing the book...and still may do so. It was my hope that perhaps someone here on T-net may have ready access...still think I'm shakin' the right tree. Thanx again.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Re: Anyone have access to "jesse james was one of his names" to help id cache in MO?

Ground0, I sent you a pm with a link for access to the book.

Good luck
:coffee2:

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peerless67 said:
Ground0, I sent you a pm with a link for access to the book.

Good luck
:coffee2:

still have this link handY?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

(i lost my books in a basement flood a few yrs back)
prob not not the info your looking for,if i remember right the book talks about,
Two Jesse Jameses: First Cousins, Jesse Woodson James and Jesse Robert “Dingus” James.
JRDJ,from mo the other JWJ,ky
at the bottom of pg 102, a jessie james search of google books, yields more results
preview of Rebel Gold: One Man's Quest to Crack the Code Behind the Secret Treasure
http://tinyurl.com/2e9gam2

OP
OP
Ground0

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State

Thank you for your oft repeated, mundane, overused, never neglected (yet repeated again and again) one trick pony of a mantra! Shouldn't you be enlightening us to your fantastic snorkeling adventures or something else we might find somewhat useful/entertaining/anything but woefully predictable?

So what if some people like to read fiction? You gonna rail on everyone who reads Clancy, King or Poe? Get over your apparent literary envy and we will continue to read what we want. Thank you, though, for offering to be our dutiful, ever-present overlord of our bookshelves. How very Orwillian of you.... Oh yeah, fiction again.

Well, you obviously have a whole lot of work to do, so you better get back to what you're best at doing.

OP
OP
Ground0

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State

Bust my bubble? Tons and tons of gold and silver? Who's talking fiction now?

Thanx for the much belated welcome to the real world, as I was here while you were arguing with someone in the mirror. You should read yourself sometime; I have....we all have. If you have nothing positive to say...say something useful. If you can't do that, what are you doing?!?

Tons of gold and silver....your words, not mine.

OP
OP
Ground0

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State

Perhaps you're talking about someone else who has hid behind "grand illusions" and holds on to "whacked out gimmicks." Not me.

I don't think we've ever met, Sir, and if you intend to cross swords with me about some prior exchange with someone, I'd thank you to take it up with them and leave the rest of us to our life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I have no desire to indulge your need to be combative for whatever shortcomings you may be trying to compensate for; that's your problem.

I was merely asking (on an OPEN FORUM) if there might be someone able to help me with a question. I've done my research, and it's painfully obvious that it ain't YOU.

For not wanting to waste time, you do well at it. It seems to be your M.O., and you seem to be quite proud of your dithering accomplishments. Well done! What's next for you? Gonna round up all the readers of fiction in Tampa and expose them for what they really are?

Get A Life!
Diver Down, alright.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

GroundO, Back up and take a deep breath. SWR is a straight shooter and sometimes you or I may not like his comments. But if you pay attention to that Old Boy, he just may enlighten you and help you down the road. Don't be too thinned skin, he is not attacking you. :icon_scratch:

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GrayCloud said:
GroundO, Back up and take a deep breath. SWR is a straight shooter and sometimes you or I may not like his comments. But if you pay attention to that Old Boy, he just may enlighten you and help you down the road. Don't be too thinned skin, he is not attacking you. :icon_scratch:

Greycloud, whats with the cold water? This is/was a very entertaining thread.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used

Sorry, OKAY I take it back. :o

SWR is a loud mouth trouble-maker. :laughing7: :wink:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used

Hey SWR, now you know I am not smart enough to figure that out. :laughing7:

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmmm I have a copy of a Map made by JJ or whoever made them then for KGC....that has a Skull and Bones Cross on it
....in far right lower corner and top left corner shows a Fort on a hill....about a 10" x 13" map
wonder if it goes with this "Skull Treasure" tale? :icon_scratch:

Ground0 said:
I have been investigating signs and symbols found on trees and limestone structures in mid-Missouri. My research leads me to believe that these indicate a probable KGC template/depository. My father had a copy of "Jesse James was one of his names," and I seem to recall that one of the named treasures was something like "The skull treasure" or "skull and bones treasure." If anyone has access to the book and could satisfy my curiosity, I would be most appreciative. Thank you in advance!

OP
OP
Ground0

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State

Thank you, goverton!

The Skull and Crossbones was the "logo" associated with the KGC, and there is/was a Fort on a hill that plays into this puzzle. I'm intrigued by your gracious input!

:notworthy:

Love to learn more...
Thanx, G0

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am pretty sure my map goes to Oklahoma area........I have narrowed it down a bit....
But I am sure if you are working off of a copy of this map that I have, can you PM me a clue on yours and will compare if
they are the same map.

Ground0 said:
Thank you, goverton!

The Skull and Crossbones was the "logo" associated with the KGC, and there is/was a Fort on a hill that plays into this puzzle. I'm intrigued by your gracious input!

:notworthy:

Love to learn more...
Thanx, G0

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX

National Geographic or the History Channel did a piece on the Jesse James treasure. It might be worth searching around to see if the details of the show are available. They figured out what the symbols were for where he put "treasure." Seems it was a left and right facing "J" with other marks. They confirmed the symbols by finding Mason jars buried with coins from the time frame in them or jars of the same type that had been emptied. They theorized that the gold and silver in the jars was payment for the guards who watched over the main cache. He would tell them where a symbols was and that would tell them where to find their pay.

The group doing the investigating used GPR and found an underground room in an area central to the "pay jars" but didn't have the money to excavate through the dirt and rock. I think it was in Missouri and they should be back this year to excavate the room if they can get funding.

So maybe it has been found.

Daryl

OP
OP
Ground0

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State

BioProfessor,

Funny you should mention that; I just watched "Jesse James' Hidden Treasure" again today. Aired by the History Channel, the site they were working was somewhere in Kansas. Sure seems like those boys are on to something out there, although some seem to think the whole thing was staged. But, that's a different thread...

For the record, and all who have contributed to this thread, I finally gained access to the book which did NOT have any reference to a "Skull" or "Skullbones Treasure." I'm quite satisfied with that outcome, but this will not stop me from pursuing this hunt. There are plenty of other quantifiable reasons for me to stay on this trail. However, unless there are other useful contributions to this thread, it would appear that it has satisfactorily burnt itself out. (Unless some unnamed someone is standing in the wings with a gas can and a road flare)

I'd like to thank all the posters for their input, and the Moderators for their restraint. I will keep you all up to date with further developments on another thread when there is something that is compelling enough to share.

In the meantime, Happy Hunting, and keep those detectors sounding off!

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX

Oh well, CRS. I thought Toto said we weren't in Kansas anymore. ;D

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread