The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey EODBobo - NC is full of relics. Go to a local park, schoolground or whatever, and make sure you know your machine. After that, you can hunt based on your research of the area. Get to know the locals...they can give your best leads...

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
The Battle of King's Mountain (Revolutionary War) was fought west of Charlotte in 1780. If you could get permission from a land owner in the area you might find some really good stuff.

I used to live in Charlotte and hiked up King's Mountain a few times but I did not MD back then. :'(

OP
OP
E

EODBobo

That sounds pretty good. I've been trying to get my fingers on some maps of revolutionary troop movements. do you know of a good source?

Thanks again

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
EODobo
I live in Gastonia and have a hunting partner in Charlotte.We drive around town and look for anything abandoned or recently torn down. Camp Green was on the west end around Morehead and Independence, it was a WWI training camp and encumpased around 6500 acres. I've found some cool military items around there.On the Steele Creek end also on the southwest are hundreds of old houses and lots that the airport bought up, there is a lot of history in that area all the way back to the mid 1700's. J.C.Smith university is a very old college with alot of history but be carefull around there, You might get mugged, I always bring Mr. Glock with me. Stay away from Kings Mt. battle ground unless you know some surrounding land owners like I do.(hehe) Belmont, Mt. Holly, Cramerton and Gastonia are also good. Try Belmont Abby College and Sacred Heart College, I've never been run off from there. There is a webbsite that is helpful, I cant remember exactly what it is but if you put Charlotte history, Hornets nest in your search engine you will find it. Also put in Lakewood amusement park Charlotte N.C. Anyway, I hope some of this info will help. If your interested in hunting with us then just send me a personal message and we can work on it. Good luck and HH
Robert

OP
OP
E

EODBobo

Robert,

I'll be out of town for a few weeks. I would like to tag along when I get back if you wouldn't mind.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
fellow on e-bay selling various maps from several states, nc included...under title of '' early maps of north carolina......about 125 old maps on a disc for 9.99 no shipping.......good maps, very detailed in several cases.......noticed va, sc, ga, and fla also listed, dating from 1950's back to 1500s .................gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread