Booby Trap help

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
o k bob, i have gunpowder on a site, that is, black powder and it has had time to turn to nitro. any good solutions to keep from being taken up to the moon? thanks.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tread very carefully, very carefully my friend or there would be one less treasure hunter on Earth.

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
on the subject of booby traps

usually i just reach around the pack and undo the clasp in the middle, kinda sneaky like......... sometimes yields some pretty incredibly big treasures...lol

DanTheMan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
water and lots of it --black powder once damp is useless *

ever dig up several 5 gallon plastic bucket's full of 90% silver half dollars that was buried by a serious old silver miser type --that was a WW2 vet ? --good thing I knew it and dug under and around it first * rather than just lifting the bucket out the hole *

the old timer had first dug the hole a made a pressure switch with a door bell device * that once you lifted the bucket up (taking the pressure off the door bell button )--the door bell button's sping popped up making a connection -- which allowed the power from battery to travel from it to the ( water proofed ) gunpowder charge (basically a homemade land mine ) that was under the bucket -- the old phart had not connected the hot wire to the battery until after he had placed the bucket in place (via a hole he dug along side the bucket when he buried it and then refilled with dirt ) one had to dig along side the bucket to disconnect it BEFORE removing the bucket / coins --or--as you lifted the bucket out the hole the powder charge would explode turning the silver halves into deadly shrapnel as you leaned over to pull the bucket out -- he had several caches set up with deadly booby traps -- one had a wire and pistol (bang)--another was electrofied - (zzzz) -the young man that called upon me was a freind of mine --it was his gramps stash --thankfully the youngman had the good sense to get me to go after gramps stashes -- he almost electrocuted himself even while with me -- I stopped him just in time , I have little doubt that he would have died if he had tried to get them by himself alone.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
*7 - heavy duty white 5 gallon plastic buckets full of 90% silver halfs WAS THE TREASURE --thats what his grampa buried / hid -- 3 differant spots--- all were deadly type booby trapped --- # 1 was explosive type (above) had 1 bucket in it -- #2 1 bucket also was hid in a building in a "enclosed" work shop office type space in a pole barn with oily rags on top it -- next to a work bench --- note the door to the building had a pistol set into a holder by the door --a wire went around handle inside of door --if you did not slip the door open a very a tiny bit and reach in undoing it --as you stepped in the wire around the door handle would tighten around the pistol trigger -- shooting you in the guts as you stepped in .--- #3 --( 5 buckets under the plate )was a under a steel plate with a eye ring built into it (quite heavy) there was a chain hoist type item above it to lift the plate with --suspended by the wooden rafters -- in such a way that you had to stand on the metal plate --and reach up and grab the chain hoist chain to lift the steel plate with -- the catch was --the chain hoist was ELECTROFIED !! IF YOU DID NOT GO INTO THE BUILDING AT THE END OF THE POLE BARN (#2 TRAP GUT SHOT DOOR ) AND SHUT OFF THE POWER SWITCH --BEFORE TOUCHING THE CHAIN HOIST AS YOU STOOD ON THE STEEL PLATE --YOU WOULD BE FRIED TO A CRISP -- THIS ONE ALMOST GOT HIS GRANDSON --MY FREIND --luckily i stopped him just in time he was reaching upwards for the chain of the chain hoist

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use to be a shakers club here in Florida called "The Booby Trap", I am assuming your not alking about that..... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions