How to open a floor safe?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Dynamite.....but you might want to step back a little !

Attachments

• charl.jpg
    charl.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 886

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it keyed, or a combo lock? ?Sometimes you can contact the manufacturer and they can get it open. ?Post a pic and folks could probably give you better advice (unless you're planning a heist ?;))

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

No way to post a picture but it's a combination lock on there

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Manufacturer or locksmith may help. If you don't want "outside" help, then I guess it depends on the thickness of the metal and construction of the safe. Drills, explosives, cutting torch, pry bar, sledgehammer, liquid nitrogen (and sledgehammer), acid...

If you got it out of the concrete, you'd have more options.

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

I think I'm going to use a grinder to open it,
Wish me some luck ::)

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

Well my grandfather came by and we went to look at it
He was supposed to bring a grinder and torch but instead had only a sledgehammer :-\

I poked a metal rod down there and I think there is paper down there ;D

cpt_peewee

Jan 22, 2004
LA (Lower Arkansas)
Just my 2c worth.
Bust it out of the concrete. Remove it and then go rent an electric hacksaw (bandsaw type). Take that to the arse end of it like slicing baloney. Spray WD-40 or motor oil on blade as you cut to keep it cool. It will take a while and probably several blades (depending on the hardness of the steel (It's probably case-hardened)). But there will be more inside than the ashes of paper currency that would probably be there if you took a cutting torch to it.
Best of luck.
CPW

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
if you think there's cash in the safe,you could use basic hydraulics and pour water in it and coat hanger out the bills.

HH Mark

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I am surprised nobody has mentioned hiring a locksmith yet.... ???

And by the way Gypsy, that pic brings back one very haunting memory. I was in Henderson when the Kerr McGee plant blew. It looked just like that only the stem going up was much thicker. Blew out every window for a ten mile radius, and the shockwave had people stumbling around in the desert for days. Only two people died, thanks to an alert security guard who got the building evacuated only minutes before it blew!

I seriously thought at the time that we had been hit with a nuke!

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeffro said:
I am surprised nobody has mentioned hiring a locksmith yet.... ???

I did...

The Beep Goes On said:
Manufacturer or locksmith may help. If you don't want "outside" help, then I guess it depends on the thickness of the metal and construction of the safe. Drills, explosives, cutting torch, pry bar, sledgehammer, liquid nitrogen (and sledgehammer), acid...

If you got it out of the concrete, you'd have more options.

HH!
TBGO

HH!
TBGO

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
locksmiths are very reasonable,,i took a safe to one here, he opened it for 35 bucks,and reset the combo so it could be used for 30 more...... said he would have come out and done it for 75,,,,,,,,,g

CACHEHNTR

Jan 25, 2006
Hibbing, Mn
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about it FREDMAXWELL did you ever get it open? Whats inside? Don't leave us hanging....... ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread