silver coin cache found in old home-made wardrobe!

Silvestri

Apr 29, 2006
suncoast sw florida
Detector(s) used
eyes in my head for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks....Have not been in here in awhile but wanted to share my find .....I found a cache of pre-1965 silver coins while taking apart an old wardrobe .The house itself was built in 1940.The wardrobe was floor-to-ceiling tall and built in the room it sat in (actually it had wheels).It was basically a rolling closet.., someone built a false floor into it... I had already cut the top two feet off the wardrobe so I could get it out of the room (wife honey-do list) and take it out of the house. At the bottom of this monstrous rolling closet was a couple floorboards that seemed higher than they needed to be....
Anyways, as I bent over and pryed up the weird floor board I saw a bunch of coin rolls.....there was over 300 washington quarters...over 60 walking halves,franklin halves and kennedy halves, and more than 200 roosevelt /mercury dimes...I checked as well as alot of clad nickels ( a couple silver war nickels) and tons of wheat pennies. I havent been done a metal-detecting in about 5 years but obviously my interest is now re-kindled..going to get a cheap walmart detector I think so i can check the yard. Anyways...The silver has a value on today's market of well over $1700.00! Good Luck,,,there's lots more out there!!

K

Kentucky Kache

Better get a two box, because you'll probably be a cache hunter from now on. It's not such a bad life. :icon_pirat: Congrats on a great find.

lucky d

Oct 2, 2008
fla la land
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
1700.00 bucks ? i'd do a little better than the basic wally world cheapo metal detector ? i think you are worth better than that...good luck...hh

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
1,700 dollars no way cheap walmart machine get a good whites coin master garrett ace 250 or 350 a whites dfx 300 and the garrett 2500 is on sale right now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread