advice on cache hunting needed.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Check under the messages in "my neighbor's hidden cache" string on this same board. You will see lots of good advice.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the base of large old trees seem to be a good spot from all that i have heard. Recently while coinshooting a park near my house i was approached by an older gentleman who was knocking around golf balls. He asked if i had any luck and i told him a few clad coins and a musketball. He went on to inform me that he had a detector but didnt use it much as he never found alot but that his buddy with a detector had found a large glass jar buried at the base of an old oak tree somewhere in the area that was full of IH pennies and buffalo nickles. He laughed and said they figured some kid must have done it years ago and forgot that it was there like it wasnt that great of find. I said that is a hell of a find considering what some of those coins my be worth today and that i hope all the kids long ago did the same thing :D

Use your imagination. Any large trees, rocks, stonewalls or other types of markers could harbor hidden goodies from days gone by.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....Try around old flower beds and the garden ...also check around and under old debris such as old 55 gallon drums and an old car.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions