Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: "Calico Jack" Rackhams Lost Loot

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2006
    318 times

"Calico Jack" Rackham's Lost Loot

Seems this buccaneer died in FL around 1720, but not before putting down a large cache. One source has it at Lost Man's River another at Shark River --- problem is I can't find either one on a FL map! Either they were called something different back then or I need a more comprehensive map. I think Lost Man's River is part of the Florida Everglades in other words an impossible (on several levels) search area. However Shark River is supposedly along the west coast not too far from here.... Anybody else out there hear of this very tempting treasure lead and if so anything to add...?
    HH
    -spyguy
    Honest Samuel and embrym like this.

us
    Jul 2007
    Hollywood, Florida
    3 times

Re: "Calico Jack" Rackham's Lost Loot

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but both of those reach the Gulf near Cape Sable in the Everglades National Park. For further info, try looking up "Lostmans River" or "Shark River" or "Shark Valley Slough". Don't kick yourself too hard, though. Calico Jack probably lost all his money in the nearest gin mill.

Chip V.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    847 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Jack was hung in Jamaica.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ó Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Sep 2007
    104 times

He died like a man with his boot on.
    Honest Samuel likes this.

Charter Member
    Aquanut

Jul 2005
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    1272 times

He was "Hanged like a dog because he refused to fight like a man!" This according to what Ann Bonnie said to him just before he was hung for piracy.
    Aquanut
    Honest Samuel, AARC and Blak bart like this.

us
    Sep 2007
    104 times

Where did jack and his friends bury treasure?
    Honest Samuel and embrym like this.

us
    Tuberale

May 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    White's Coinmaster Pro
    698 times

This cache is mentioned in several locations. I have paid none of them any attention because I do not live in the area. But here is a partial listing of citations for the cache if anyone is truly interested in searching further.

Treasure Hunter's Guide, p. 13
    Buried Treasure of the U.S., p. 211
    True Treasure, Oct. 1975, p. 40
    Directory of Buried or Sunken Treasure, p. 54
    Treasure Map Atlas, p. 52

I'm certain there are probably more citations, but many pirate caches do not give the exact name of the pirate involved, and therefore remain more nebulous than they should be.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    975 times

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Danny
    Where did jack and his friends bury treasure?
    Right in the bottom of the hole they dug to bury it . Where else ?
    embrym, boogeyman and austin like this.
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Dag Nabbit

Jul 2010
    52 times

Any updates?

us
    May 2011
    southern ky
    fisher f 5
    Metal Detecting

shaking head lol

us
    Sep 2007
    104 times
    I agree with crazfish, any updatees?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    26669 times
    Please keep the personal insults out of the. Forums..
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Sep 2007
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinbutch View Post
    Right in the bottom of the hole they dug to bury it . Where else ?
    Read #12 and obey. If you are so smart, tell us where the bottom of the hole they dug to bury treasure.

us
    Sep 2007
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by old marine View Post
    shaking head lol
    That is a good way to get rid of the wax in your ears.
    lastleg and Honest Samuel like this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Marco Island, FL.
    A piece of junk i got for free! need a better one! any for sale?
    1 times
    Shipwrecks

Exclamation captjay on capt jack

Quote Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
    Seems this buccaneer died in FL around 1720, but not before putting down a large cache. One source has it at Lost Man's River another at Shark River --- problem is I can't find either one on a FL map! Either they were called something different back then or I need a more comprehensive map. I think Lost Man's River is part of the Florida Everglades in other words an impossible (on several levels) search area. However Shark River is supposedly along the west coast not too far from here.... Anybody else out there hear of this very tempting treasure lead and if so anything to add...?
    HH
    -spyguy
    From what I see here is some truth and some not. yes he was hung. no it was not in florida! jack's retreat and safe haven was marco island, due to its deep water river with lots of place's hide and many ways in and out! the most likely place when they speak of the "crescent beach" is marcos natural crescent beach. i also have been to "little shark river" to "lost mans river" and up to near goodland there is something there as we all know! from the secret treasure hunting clubs of florida and mel fisher. Mel found lots of coins about the sea bed but was pulled away to the keys on the find of the antois? (spelling is not right) before he could pin point the wreck. so we know this to be true! as the secret clubs still find coins on dives after storms! I my self have stood on the spot i believe to be the lost ship that jack buried on the beach, and my detector gave off a faint sounding, need something better or ground penetrating radar this is one of two spots this ship could lie! the other is in front of the Marriott as during the construction they found a wooden ship deep in the beach, they were forced to walk away and get back to the job at hand and covered it over... good luck getting permission to dig there!!! this is odd as there was never reported any ship wrecking there! now on the other hand to first spot i spoke of is of a ship of the unknown sort and is of the right time frame! the coins found blow goodland is believed to be a Spanish ship and not that of pirates! and the same goes for the lost ship off naples/beneatha beach area! but i guess anything is possible at this point! i know it is near i can feel it!!! for more info on this please check out my web site: Welcome to the PIRATES LORE TRADING POST or feel free to contact me, i can take u there!
    treasuresalvor likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links