5.3 KB · Views: 1,540

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best of luck to you and post some pictures if you can.
take care and be safe out there. ron

DEGreen

Jun 21, 2006
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X, Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett ADS-6
JOHUNT said:
I've pinpointed my new leads.Approximately 10 house-sites and 6-7 possibles all within about 1.5 miles along an old stream.Some of the foundations/impressions can actually be seen by sattelite imagery.I'm psyched!!! I can hardly sleep. I'll be there in the A.M. after a trip to the DMV. I'll let ya'll know what "POPS UP" =+Jeremy+=

Why post something of interest and then not follow up.
would be nice to follow a story through to the end.
Just my fellings
Darryl

OP
OP
JOHUNT

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY FOLKS, MY APOLOGIES FOR NOT UPDATING MY PROGRESS ON THIS POST. MY COMPUTER BROKE DOWN AND ALTHOUGH I DID MISS VISITING T-NET, IT JUST GAVE ME MORE REASON TO STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD AND ACTUALLY M-D!!! AS FOR MY ORIGINAL POST, I DID MAKE IT TO THE SITE(S) BUT, A COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER THAN INTENDED. I FOUND 5 FOUNDATIONS AND 1 HOME SITE WITH ~LOTS~ OF SQUARE NAILS AND TRASH DUMP. ONE OF THE FOUNDATIONS MAY HAVE BEEN A LARGE BARN. IT WAS RECTANGLE APPROX. 80'x50' . THE LONG SIDES WERE DOUBLED, MEANING THAT THERE IS 4'-5' BETWEEN THE COLUMNS. I KINDA THOUGHT OF IT MAYBE BEING A FEEDING TROUGH. ONE END HAD NO FOUNDATION MAYBE WHERE A LARGE GROUND LEVEL DOOR WAS. I DIDNT SPEND ALOT OF TIME AT EACH SITE(YET) BUT, I DID NOTE THEIR LOCATIONS.I STILL HAVE NOT SEARCHED FOR ALL OF MY LEADS ON THIS OLD 3 MILE ROAD BUT, I'M ALMOST CERTAIN THAT I WILL FIND THEM(SOON)! AND NEXT TIME I'LL BE SURE TO TAKE MY CAMERA. GOOD HUNTIN' AND HAPPY ST.PATRICKS DAY!

OP
OP
JOHUNT

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was started by me last year. I wasn't able to update it until recently due to my computer crashing. I haven't been back to the site yet but, I will let ya'll know how it goes.

OP
OP
JOHUNT

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well coyote hunting season ended yesterday and we still have a bit of snow in some spots. I'll be back out doing some metal detecting soon. We had about a week without snow and all I found was some clad coins. Im gonna get to my researched spots in between trout fishing, mushroom(morel) hunting and arrowhead hunting. Have you had any success?

OP
OP
JOHUNT

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been into this hobby for a few years. It started with finding Native American artifacts in which I found to be very exciting and interesting. The research methods that I used was then carried over to learning the histories of early colonial settlements. I often find myself out in the woods or near a river trying to visualize life back in those times. My roots are set very deep in this land and I enjoy learning and researching it's history as much as I like to find remnants, relics and valuables. Good luck to you. ~JEREMY~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread