Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Metal detecting is merely a key that opens the doors that transport us into the past.

Sep 2007
    Southeast Tennessee
    White's

Anyone wanting to learn more about the Cherokees and their gold and silver...

This comming weekend October 23rd and 24th 2010, at Red Clay State park in Cleveland, TN they are having Cherokee Days. It is a festival with arts, crafts, and food vendors. There are always dances and story tellers and lots of informative history by Cherokee natives. The state park also has a museum with videos and artifacts. The cost is $5 donation per car. There is also cabins and structures built by the Cherokee as this was their Council Grounds. Here is a link to the state park and to the events page.

www.tnstateparks.com/redclay
    http://www.state.tn.us/environment/p...pdf/events.pdf
    You dig a plug, Your heart begins to beat faster, you dust away more than a centuries worth of dirt; and there it is, that object you seek in your dreams, that lets you, for just a brief moment; live in another time.....there is nothing that can compare to this feeling

us
    Aug 2009
    130 times

Re: Anyone wanting to learn more about the Cherokees and their gold and silver...

thanks jenn, would love to be there but it's too far for me. just my luck.

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    96 times

Re: Anyone wanting to learn more about the Cherokees and their gold and silver...

Thanks for the post Jenn. I too wish I could be there but my work is in Tulsa at this time. Keep us posted of any future events. Keep the Heritage Strong.

us
    Jul 2008
    SC
    Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
    699 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info. Jen. Wish I could make it too. My Great Grandmother was Cherokee.

Lord of the Pull Rings

Feb 2008
    Lamont,The STICKS!!
    ACE 250

Just my luck! I just moved from Chattanooga back to Tallahassee. I would've loved to go!
    LARRY

us
    Feb 2010
    Arizona
    Whites
    6 times

Wish I could go .

us
    Sep 2007
    111 times

I would like to go, but, I live in Bridgeport Connecticut. Best of luck.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links