Government takeover of treasure sites

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Frankn said:
The United Nations lists or registers all parks and heritage sites, but they have no controll over them. It's just one of the ways they have devised to spend our money. Look at what they have done in Hati, nothing! There were billions contributed to help those people. The UN controlled the money with no oversite and it has vanished.

Oh boy.

Look into United Nations Biosphere Reserves...tells a pretty sobering tale. "Corridors" designated as Limited, Moderate, or NO HUMAN USE. I don't have all of my info in front of me now, but that includes Yellowstone, Glacier, Smokey Mountain, Volcano; you know, all the big ones. The ones that you know hold unreal amounts of valuable natural resources.

Heritage sites are much smaller in size, but are of great "cultural and archeological significance" (such as Cahokia Mounds outside of St. Louis.) This, according to the U.N., who have a flag flying out front.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I have a feeling that change is coming to the U.S. sooner then later. There are more and more people everyday who are getting fed up with the direction this country is headed and voting people in and out of office isn't fixing anything fast enough. Look at what is happening in Egypt right now, what if that was Washington D.C. instead of Ciaro?

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could martial law be coming to us in the near future? something spooky to look up,
look up interment camps here is the u.s. and read what it says. [not sure about the spelling interment].
take care. ron

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
:icon_pirat: just wait til obama care takes over the rights to your checking account. if it passes into law, this country is sunk completely. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: legal pirating

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Frankn said:
Is it just me or has anybody noticed that the National Park Service Is taking over All the sites that are supposed to have buried treasure?
I researched one of Butch Cassidy's hideouts at Robbers Roost that was moved to Horseshoe Canyon. At this location caches were hidden in caves in the canyon. To my surprise, when I ran the topo, I found that the NPS has taken over the canyon as a remote auxilery to an existing NP. There is nothing set up here for tourest or campers. The statis is merely set up to lock out Metal detectorist. With the shift in government towards less restrictions, now is the time to noyify your rep. in Washington to lift Metal Detector restrictions in National Parks. Lets bombart them with E mails. It doesn't cost you anything and might proove beneficial!!
Frank

You're right and I was thinking about this for a while. For example take a look Maryland at Assateague Island national park. This place has register couples treasures lead.

arch

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
savant365 said:
There are more and more people everyday who are getting fed up with the direction this country is headed and voting people in and out of office isn't fixing anything fast enough.

Have patience, it's going to take a couple more election cycles to clean house before the rollback begins. :)

Somebody needs to start a rumor of treasure buried under the UN. They'll declare that property off-limits and kick themselves out.... :wink:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
The United Nations lists or registers all parks and heritage sites, but they have no controll over them. It's just one of the ways they have devised to spend our money. Look at what they have done in Hati, nothing! There were billions contributed to help those people. The UN controlled the money with no oversite and it has vanished.
The UN is a multi headed beast that should be slayed............IMHO. :o

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
The United Nations greatest wish - The Downfall of America. >:(

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
I recall some years ago the UN threatened to move to the Hague. They were deluged by letters from Americans offering to help them pack. They were suddenly silent.

hellbillyusa

Feb 7, 2011
Hendersonville, NC
Detector(s) used
MineLab Musketeer Advantage
This is all for our own good.......no really the gubament knows what they are doing i mean just look at welfare or social security or medicade or the bank bailouts or turning around the ression and unemployment i mean they have just knocked the ball outta the park on all of those, so it makes sense that taking over any treasure sites is for the good of "we the people" by our trusted gubbiment officals.
Just drink the kool aid is all ok, really!

wayne_sa

Jun 30, 2009
san antonio
GrayCloud said:
OH and I forgot the Wichita Mountains in Oklahoma. Possibly the largest untapped gold reserve in the United States. >:(

Searching for treasure, artifacts or panning for gold is prohibited in the refuge. This from the rules section of the official site.

Limiting those activities seems un-American to me.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
icon_hijack.gif

icon_pirate.gif lemming.jpg

Attachments

• icon_hijack.gif
    icon_hijack.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,770
  • icon_pirate.gif
    icon_pirate.gif
    276 bytes · Views: 1,782
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Lets get back on track here. I just found an interesting article. The government ownes 650M ac. or 29% of American land. ---45.3% of Cal.---48% of AZ.---69% of AK.---84.5% of NV.--- and 57.45% of UT.
The gov. is planning to acquire 13M ac. through 11 western states in the name of "national monuments".
Frank

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Out side of very limited areas such as a Military Base, why should the federal government own any land? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If I remember correctly, the only right the gov. has on land ownership is The D.C. area in washington and military bases. This whole National Park thing was started by Roosevelt for believe it or not, his hunting lodge.
The Parks are turning into Area 51s for the exclusive use of the sierra club. They are closing roads on public lands, so the older citizens are being boxed out. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread