Historic Tennessee Cache

U

ubersearcher

Anyone ever hear of a rather significant cache buried during the Civil War in West Tennessee. If you are familiar with the area, you would know where I am talking about. (Hint: Not anywhere around Memphis) I am interested if anyone that is a member of this site knows anyone that has searched for it or has searched for it themselves. Supposed searching has gone on in this area for 100 years, and nothing has been found. Hoax? Wishful Thinking? Already Taken? Please give me your response. I will wait to see if anyone responds before I feel the need to be more specific about the location.

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
There are two possibilities in this area #1. Owl Creek hwy 412 E. just east of Lexington and #2 Parkers crossroads at I-40 half way between Memphis and Nashville, both happened in Dec. 1862. Both have had expeditions sent to find gold (more then once) and neither one has been found, are either one of these the one you are talking about? HH Bob.B

vettebabe5

Apr 6, 2007
Jackson, TN
The only cache I have really heard much about is John Murrell's, supposedly buried somewhere around Denmark in Madison County. I have found lots of Civil War artifacts in the area because there were a few battles here, but no money or anything like that. I don't really know any details about the cache either, unless people are being stingy with their info lol. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
He might have been referring to confederate army payroll caches of gold and silver coins. There were clues left behind if one knows how to find and recognize them. Some were good, but there were also bad clues left to confuse others.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread