Natchez Trace Mississippi

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
OK, I read it from Terry and Penfield. They both give it a possible rating. It is loot hidden by badits like Mason,Murrell,Hare,the Harpe bros. and some pirate stash throughn in. The location is a meteor crater about 30' deep and over 3ac. in diameter. It is between Meadville and Roxie. It is called the Devil's Punch Bowl. I imagine we have members in Mississippi. Anyone looked there?

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, ppl have looked there. I think I know what u really mean. The punch bowl or Natchez Trace? I've spent 1 day on the trace, just looking around. Haven't seen the bowl yet.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It isn't between Meadville and Roxie that's not even close. It is near the Mississippi River. Actually close to downtown Natchez and is on private property. Nobody will ever hunt there because of the risk of getting hurt and the property owner will not allow anyone to hunt there. Garrett magazine had a pic in the early 80's of a man who found 3 gold bars useing a Garrett metal detector on that property. It is very dangerous because of erosion, and if you got hurt or snake bit you would probably die before you made it out and to the hospital.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Maybe I got 2 places mixed up. Are the Gold Hole and the Devil's Punch Bowl the same location? One was described as being 30 mi. from Natchez between Meadville & Roxie on the old Dove place 5 mi. from Roxie.

skintback42004

Greenie
Jun 24, 2010
Caseyville MS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I heard in that area of a cast iron pot with treasure in it.no one can retreive it because it sinks deaper in the sand on a creek google it to find more info

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Skintback, I have heard that story many times and each time I wonder how lifting something can make it sink.
Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well this Trace thing keeps popping up. I have been going thru some of Jameson's work and ran across the Trace again. It appears that the outlaws Mason & Harp buried two mule loads [that's about 1000#] of stolen loot at Rocky Springs, that's about 40 miles NW of Natches. They both died before they could return to reclaim it. Might make an interesting hunt for someone in the area. Frank

PS: hay kshollywood that's in your area!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread