Lost Gold? Supersticious Mountains? Need help? Map with cactus?

M

Macpoetsgirl

My father searched for a treasure I think it was in the Superstitious Mountains in California (It is the story of some lost gold that was buried and never found) I have information that can help you if you are interested. I would have to have you sent me a copy of the actual map to see if I recognize it. I do not have a copy of it nor would I be interested in looking for it. However I have information that can help you. And all I ask is that if the information I share with you helps you find the treasure you just remember who to reward for it. You must be a person of your word. If interested email me at [email protected] I have seen the map many times in the pass if you sent me a copy of it I will know if its the map he used ( I havent seen a copy in over 12 years). Then I will share the info with you. I would personally look for it myself except 1-I am a female 2-It is on tough terrain 3-Its very dangerous 4-The person that finds it runs high danger risk. Believe me when I tell you it scared my dad enought never to go back. He has since passed and it would give me great pleasure if someone would find it. It was his obsession. My details are a little fuzzy but if you know what Im talking about get in contact with me- Clear my mind a bit and I promise I will help you.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just curious...if you don't care to look for it, why do you need to see a copy of the map before sharing info?

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Well I would go get it for you if it was in Texas, Cali is just to far away.? And the big question is rather it is on public or private land. Also if you dad didnt find it what new info makes you think that you now know where it is.

OP
OP
M

Macpoetsgirl

I do believe my dad did find it. There are other people also trying to find it. The type of people in the area are rough and mean and that scared him a bit actually scared him a lot, he never went after it again.. As a child I saw the map many times and im certain that if I see it againt i would know we are talking about the same treasure. He always mentioned many treasures. The person I decide to help will at least have to know the area its in. You will also have to repeat the story of the treasure to me. The area is not unknown to any one who is serious about this treasure so you wouldn't really be giving me any information that isnt publicly available. If you know the area I can tell you were to look. The map is available to me in the many papers my mom keeps in storage. So you would just be saving me some time from having to dig it up. If we are not talking about the same map then no sense in going on. The person who finds it will not be able to retrieve it alone. I do not know what steps need to be taken to legally remove a treasure. So that would be up to you. But when you go there you must not go alone and you must be armed. When my dad found it he was with one of my best friends. He did not share the location with my friend, because he felt certain it woulld put his life in danger. But he did share the information with me. The person that finds it must be ready to put up a good fight my father was not the right type of person for that fight.

Saryion

Greenie
Jun 17, 2004
Superstition Mountain is not a very pleasant place to be anyway. There's a lot of weird energy, up, there. People started disappearing to dates that go back to 1519, when Hernando Cortez conquered the Aztecs. It's a strong belief either way.

Good Luck in your search,
Saryion

OP
OP
M

Macpoetsgirl

According to conversations I had with my dad you are absolutely right. He said there is a sense that you are being watched even when no one is around. So when he made his discovery he just kept on going and didnt react just in case someone was watching.

Saryion

Greenie
Jun 17, 2004
Let's just say you actually were able to get a hold to "the" map. People have either died trying to "find" the gold, or died keeping it a secret. Wonder if there are actually Aztecs still there? Maybe there's a legacy still lingering around. Remember we're talking energy here, energy can't dissappear, it only changes. Seriously, maybe the Aztecs still remain. Anything is possible.

Saryion

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
I believe the mountains you are referring to are in AZ (Superstition) . There are many folks looking for this but the stories have gone from rumor to tall tales to just a hoax . The guys that your dad refers to are only a few but considered crazy by many . They feel every new face is a threat to their discovery . If someone other than themselves finds it then their lives will have been spent on nothing more than a scavenger hunt so to speak . The latest twist to the story is that Jacob Waltz (The Dutchman) had stolen high grade ore from The Vulture Mine and hid it for later .There are several other views on this treasure .

OP
OP
M

Macpoetsgirl

Paratrooper: What you are saying makes sense. My dad too was a paratrooper the hair on my back raised when I saw your wings. All I want to know is are you one of the people searching for it??

Saryion

Greenie
Jun 17, 2004
People have already found the mines, that isn't the point...It's finding the treasure within the Mountain. ?People die trying to and fro. ?If it is a mere "hoax", it sure as heck grappled the attention of anyone interested in the idea of the unattainable. ?Sounds like human nature.

Saryion :-\

OP
OP
M

Macpoetsgirl

Thats right Im not talking about finding a mine Im tallking about actually finding the gold.

Saryion

Greenie
Jun 17, 2004
Am I Wrong...? ?What you two have said makes sense, belief is powerful, so is intent. ?If there is in fact something "watching" you as you walk in those mountains. ?Wouldn't is make sense that maybe that it's someone doing it. ?I don't know. ?It just makes sense. ? :-\

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
big deal about feeling like your being watched. I know serval places that when your hiking through you will almost swear that someone is walking behind you. Its kinda creepy. also I dont know where these mountins are but are they made of granite? I had resently heard that they figured that the quarts in some granite areas could act as a capasiter and after the air temperature lowers can produce large amounts of energy in the form of ball lighting. Apparently they discovered this with an inferad camera. I dont know where to find info on this I think I heard it on the radio or some on told me about it.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Macpoetsgirl said:
Paratrooper:? What you are saying makes sense.? My dad too was a paratrooper the hair on my back raised when I saw your wings.? All I want to know is are you one of the people searching for it??

? ? ? ? ? ? No sir , I am not looking for the gold . People have gone missing there and bushwhacking seems to be an Olympic event there . The GOLD FEVER has infected some that were not too stable to start with . Another story wandering around is about a mule train that was passing through the area on it's way back to the ships in FL and then to Spain . The Spaniards had rifles (crude as they were) that made short work of any Apaches (or any other tribe) that tried to make them go away . It is said that the Apaches were successful on one occasion and decided to hide the gold since they had no use for it . They were hoping that if the Spaniards didn't make it back the others would be too scared to try it again . The gold had been melted down and formed into long rods about an inch thick and 1 1/2 to 2 feet long . This way the mules could carry them like so much firewood . The Apaches were said to have carried the gold to a cave in the Superstition Mountains and then covered up the entrance . VERY WELL!! The only story that has come out of that deal was two fellas that claimed to have found the entrance and gotten onto it . The entrance had been booby trapped and they were trapped . They managed to find an opening at the end of the cave that was on a sheer cliff . It was above some water so they were able to jump with only one of the bars . After wandering around lost (they were now far from the entrance so they had no idea where they were) and well below the trail . They eventually made it back to civilization but were unable to retrace their steps . As Jack Palance would say "Believe it ...... or not".

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
after reading these posts There is one thing that I want to know has any one of you ever been into the superstitions mtns which in in the state of Az ??? ??? Buck

Saryion

Greenie
Jun 17, 2004
Not really, but it's interesting to comment on what' s in the written word... Is that wrong?

Saryion :-\

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Ok WW Seeing how good you are about reading spanish treasure markers What does this mean( 4 + \ the last one is a u laying on it side with a long tail hanging down ??? will wait for your answer Buck

J

Jacko

Hey Folks-- Just a couple months ago, there was a big articles in the Phoenix news paper, that a guy ahs been tring to get permission to excavate a mine in the Superstitions for over 8 yrs. and finally showed enough prove that he has something there the government is allowing him to go ahaed. there were several things he's not allowed to do. He had to fill some paper work to get his share, IF the government wants to give him some.

Jacko

D

Donna 2

If you're interested in the Peraltas and the Superstitions in Arizona, by all means get the book "The Shadow of the Sentinel" by Warren Getler and Bob Brewer. It will be an eye opener for you.
Regars,
Donna

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread