HOW TO FIND PRECIOUS METALS?

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Most treasure hunters have one common goal and objective: to find precious metals. With this, 1000 and 1 methods are used and modified to attain their objectives, using metal detectors, dowsing, even psychic power, medium, moon (enhancing human mind to heighten the receptivity to gold and others) and other things that haven't been named yet.
With these, some treasure hunters are creating their own illusions (unconciously) to justify their means in finding precious metals.
In all of these, the question remains the same.... HOW TO FIND PRECIOUS METALS?

aNGEL_09

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hio angel: Just use the material & equipment that you have "available" to it's maximum ---hehhee.

heheheh

Sorry Angel, aside from the poor joke, this is self evident, use everything with an open mind and confidence, since precious metals have been found by all.

Some are naturally more consistant than others.

Tropical Tramp

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi Angel,

For me the foremost thing to do is research. As a hobbyist, my research would focus on what i want to find, this includes precious metals. If im looking for relics or coins, i date the place i intend to search, ie pre war cemetery, then i find pre war copper commonwealth coins. In the beach, i research the swimming spots and vollyball courts, places where people are likely to drop jewelry, then i find jewelry. All with the help of equiptment intended for the purpose. Research would also save you time...so many times i encounter projects with 60foot holes all dug because of a dream or tip from a fortune teller(manghuhula). I would not get involved with such a project. Research would also narrow down a search area, tis again would save you time. Of course when you have estabished the credibility of the project, then you use all electronic equiptment available to you. My rule is, if there is no battery or power source that would run the instrument(detector), it wont find your precious metals, so dowsing rods of all sorts would be out of my agenda. the definition of precious metals can be subjective, a dropped lead musketball can be a prized find to a collector, and as mentioned in the other tread of this forum, almost all metals are considered precious. my conclusion...research and technology, thats what will find your treasure. I could also write about the technology available in the Philippines...if you want, but that would be a longer post. HH

God bless,

Jose

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just a hint. Go to rock and mineral shows. Get familar with what different ores and gems look like in the field.
I pass this on because 25 years after seeing a rock in the field, have finally I.D.ed it as heavy Uranimum ore.
Another time I dropped on the ground a gem stone still in the rock.
Stupid, yes. It was a long way back to the car, and I was going to have to carry it.<G>

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Just for the record, precious metals are silver, gold and platinum, by definition. I believe that's what angel 09 was referring to. Although, some now consider silver to be more of an industrial metal than a precious metal. Lead is not a precious metal, but it may be considered a valuable relic, in some cases. Pretty much anything other than silver, gold or platinum is considered a base metal/industrial metal though (with some rare exceptions). SS

OP
OP
A

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
You're right Striker. these are the precious metals I'm referring to. These are the ultimate "dream" of most detectorist and hunters. For natural gold ores, mining skills need to be employed or use. For refined metals, definitely it is considered a cache, forgotten or burried trasures, and this is where different skills and techniques in recovering required.

Angel_09

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
O.K. In the field it is fairly easy to tell.<G>
Specific gravity for Lead is 11.2, pure gold is 19.2, pure Platinum is 21.5.
Most gold found is between 50% gold to .999 gold (Cripple Creek, Colorado).
Normally gold is found at 80% in placer deposits (S.G. 15.36)
Platinum normally in the field is between S.G. of 10.5 (48%) and 19.5 (90%).
Anything you find out picking up rocks, ex cetera, that is as heavy or heavier than lead is worth money$$.
Unless it is Lead.<G> Carry a couple of small sinkers to compare it to. If it is as heavy as the lead weights, start getting a little excited.

BTW If you find a big outcrop of "Fools Gold" and it is "really heavy", you might want to get an assay done of it anyway. Iron Pyrite sometimes contains gold, not often, but sometimes.
Goes back to, is it as heavy or heavier than the same size piece of lead.

Just my two cents worth for a quick, non assay test in the hills.
BTW Gold is NOT always yellow, it can be reddish (with copper), dark brown (with iron), but it is alway really heavy. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread