Cave in North Carolina? Yankee J.W.Hadley reported it in a diary...

Old Prospector

Feb 17, 2005
My grown son gave me a copy of "Buried Treasures of the Appalachians" as a present last
Christmas. One of the stories is about an outlaw cave in North Carolina, near Hendersonville.
Do you have any further information about this story? I think W.C.Jameson may have used information
from Lost Treasures Magazine to write this one, he does give a list of credits in the back of
the book.
Mostly, I would like to read the diary Hadley supposedly left. The story says he went back
to search for the cave but never found the opening. The big question is, did he leave any
further information in his diary about the times he searched for the cave? As usual, the
story in the book is brief (intentionally!).
I live within a hundred miles of the town of Hendersonville and would like to take up the
hunt. Normally I am a positive thinking person, so more information will help me be more
positive about this story before going into the field. And Yes, I have read a lot of the
threads on this site about caves, mines, snakes, etc. The "big woods" are not a new place
for me.
Positive help will be appreciated. My success will get you some pictures on this web site.
Old Prospector.... :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions