Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im researching my old nemesis "Swamp Gold." Its about a lost Confederate payroll in the Everglades region.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index....ic,20965.msg2066089.html#msg2066089

I am looking for several magazines in particular that were brought to my attention by Bridge End Farm.

I need to read or would like to see a copy of: :help: the pages numbers may not be correct.

Western Treasure, "Confederate Gold in Florida" by Henry, March 1970, page 55..

Western Treasure "Lost Treasure of the Everglades" October 1972, page 44.

Treasure World, (Florida Cache) "Missing 7 Pony Loads of Gold" by Titler, July 1972, page 20.

True Treasure, (Florida Cache), "Confederate Treasure" by Matthews, August 1974, page 34.

For those of you that dont know me, I have been helping members ID items on the "What Is It" forum for years. Its about sharing and I appreciate any assistance with these articles. Thanks. http://www.losttreasureusa.com/CD/INDEX.htm

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I wish you luck Hunter. I have only been to the Everglades a couple of times and the place seems to change every time. There is no real way of marking a location in the swamp so I often wonder how these swamp locations are defined. They didn't have GPS to define the spots and the vegetation changes constantly. They were probably lost or persued when they cached the treasure. I was thinking about looking for those colt "revolving" rifles that fell off a canoe, but viewing the area I saw it was hopeless. I will check my files and try to get back to you later. Frank

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Frankn said:
I wish you luck Hunter. I have only been to the Everglades a couple of times and the place seems to change every time. There is no real way of marking a location in the swamp so I often wonder how these swamp locations are defined. They didn't have GPS to define the spots and the vegetation changes constantly. They were probably lost or persued when they cached the treasure. I was thinking about looking for those colt "revolving" rifles that fell off a canoe, but viewing the area I saw it was hopeless. I will check my files and try to get back to you later. Frank
Thats why this stuff remains lost. Its such a huge area. If anythings found, its usually found by accident. Thanks.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Attachments