Need any info on John Crismo cache in VA

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What's the original story if you don't mind sharing?

OP
OP
D

Dougdug

To make a long story short John Crismo was a Union soldier who led a patrol unit into Virginia (southwest Tazewell county) while on patrol they came across a mansion in a long narrow valley, it belonged to the wealthy James Grierson who at the news of war had cached his wealth. Crismo tortured and killed Grierson took his money and in the cover of night buried it near where they had camped. His military duty sent him to Texas where he was injured. Later in life never having the opportunity to return for his hidden treasure Crismo died. On his body was his diary telling of the raid on the mansion and caching the loot.

OP
OP
D

Dougdug

I also couldn't find any solid evidence though research couldn't find Crismo couldn't find anything on Grierson. I'll have to find something else to look for.
Doug

K

Kentucky Kache

jeff davis said:
Dougbug,

I believe the John Crismo is a fictious story. I can read the map in the story. The numbers match perfectly with a modern day map. I could never find any service record for John Crismo from Pennsylvania. I could never find a John Grierson in Tazewell County, Virginia. The armies and units were in the area. I also infrared the area where the treasure is mapped to be buried. There is not $180,000. in gold. Safe your time and money. You can not find what is not there!

How do you tell if theres anything there by infrared? Trying to learn about all this stuff.

K

Kentucky Kache

jeff davis said:
Infrared. A marvel of today's technology. You can look at an entire mountain under infrared. You will notice different tempertures of disturbed soil. If anyone has dug a hole, had a house with a road and even the paths to the barn or out house. All can be seen by infrared. The best thing about infrared is it not only picks up on the different temperatures of the soil, it actually pentrates the ground to several feet possibley even hundreds of feet. The infrared penetrates the ground and only shows a difference in soil temperatures unless it hits silver or gold or something that it can't penetrate to readily, then it deflects back up at right angles; usually in a Southwesterly direction. This is the reflection you look for. In a green dense forest, you can see the gold or silver reflecting out of the trees like the sun shining at high noon. I don't have my notes with me right now, but the reflection you will? be looking for will be in the band of light with a copper color and being between 628 to 632 nanometers. If you need further information and I can find my notes I would be glad to share them with you. I researched and studied into this infrared only after I received an annoymous letter with a photo. The photo showed a reflection out of the trees; the man that sent it to me, told me he found 928 gold bars at this location. It was somewhere in Kansas. He did not elaborate and I did not have a return address to question him. But, it has gotten me into the realm of radiathesia. I hope to master this art someday. The infrared does work. I know there are skeptics but anything new scares a lot of people into non-believe. I myself like to check things out.

The disturbed soil would be looser, or denser than the normal? Does the disturbed soil show red? Yellow? Blue????
Can you really tell these things by a satelite image?
Need all I can get on this.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It is near Blackburg, Va. in those mountains near Virginia Tech; NEVER been found to my knowledge.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know if this helps but.Mountain lake lodge is in that area .Way up top a Mt. .It originally was a stagecoach stop.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It DOES help; it is in those mountains, I think.

You can see West Virginia from this Mt. location.Maybe 6 miles due West.I think Mt. lake lodge is @ 4,000 ft elevation. 066.JPG This is the lodge.Sucker is built like a fort.Solid 2' thick stone walls.

Last edited:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuff like this will not be buried where a regular metal detector will pick it up. Maybe a two box detector. A group of soldiers burying a cache like that, you have to figure it would be at least 6' deep if buried in the dirt.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This treasure location is in the county I live in, but to me I need more records or information if these were actually real people to make it factual and not just a legend. Gen. Toland and his cavalry troopers came through Abs Valley and then through Tazewell and on to Whytheville where he was killed. Finding the Civil War campsites would be the real treasure with this legend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions