cache hunting md

sobi

Jun 17, 2011
hello
i need some advice in choosing a md for hoards hunting.The areas I hunt are covert whith scrap metals:pins, cans, bullets, etc.I was woudering if there is a md who can pass this small objects and find deeper/bigger ones.I have found one that seems to do that :Whites tm 808 but need some advice before purchasing it. I have hunted in fields just a couple of times so i have little experience, I am a whater/beach hunter.My excal isn't a machine suited for fields and my sovereign whith the sef 15x12 inch just scrach the surface.I need a powerfull machine.The PI's are great md's but i belive the small objects will be detected with it and therefor not suitable for my needs.Can you also comment on this hunting strategy:going after the big one and ignoring all the small objects,even there are medieval and roman coins,etc.
thank's

K

Kentucky Kache

As far as I know, the only detectors that will detect deep, but will not pick up on small objects are the two box machines, such as the Whites tm 808 you mentioned.

I would say, do lots of research on the treasures. You can't find what's not there. Then learn your machine inside and out.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
sobi said:
hello
i need some advice in choosing a md for hoards hunting.The areas I hunt are covert whith scrap metals:pins, cans, bullets, etc.I was woudering if there is a md who can pass this small objects and find deeper/bigger ones.I have found one that seems to do that :Whites tm 808 but need some advice before purchasing it. I have hunted in fields just a couple of times so i have little experience, I am a whater/beach hunter.My excal isn't a machine suited for fields and my sovereign whith the sef 15x12 inch just scrach the surface.I need a powerfull machine.The PI's are great md's but i belive the small objects will be detected with it and therefor not suitable for my needs.Can you also comment on this hunting strategy:going after the big one and ignoring all the small objects,even there are medieval and roman coins,etc.
thank's
The other posters have already suggested the 2-box, so I won't elaborate.

In Romania (I hope I've got your flag icon right), many ancient artifacts should be available, especially when centered closely on population centers. Should be lots of rings/jewelery too. Two-box won't find anything smaller than about 2 beer cans together. But if you're missing the gems/jewelery, it may leave a bad taste in your mouth later.

Ultimately it depends on what caches/hoards you are looking for, as you stated. Good Luck and keep us up-to-date with your finds!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberlo: I have found individual 8 Reales coins with a Discovery 900 series detector, course they wern't buried very deeply, shall we say 3 inches. but the point is to try one out to see if it meets your specifications.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Don
How are you, my good man. How do you sell the old coins that you found.? I am from Bridgeport Connecticut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread