Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey heavyc,

I just saw your post...

I am part of a team that helps folks find things they have lost, as well as shipwrecks and treasure sites...... We use unconventional equipment and methods, but get positive results each time.... We have used the Golden King and are looking at the Jeo Hunter very closely and most likely will be our next purchase...... Both are finicky and require a large learning curve....and they both get very good results... what we like is the ability to see a good image of what we believe to be in the ground....or water...

I was told by a distributor, that the Golden King and Jeo Hunter were designed by brothers who, later split up... creating the two different companies... most of the engineering folks went with the Jeo Hunter brother .... and most of the marketing folks went with the Golden King, which probably makes the Jeo Hunter a little better machine for about 1/2 the price...

I know one other person who has over 1,000 hours on the Golden King, which I believe to be slightly inferior to the Jeo Hunter...and will not go out without the unit...

Both are extremely deep seeking machines....

That's all I know about them...

Good luck...

Klondike...

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
heaveyc
Hello,
I am thinking of buying the Jeohunter 3D .Is there anybody who has some experiance with this one?

no never heard f it until today,
all i know as of today,and hmmmm!, would like to try one myself, with my own tests
looks like it works to the depth of a so,so, cheaper 2box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S56qbOTAyPE

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike here...

Using the Golden King version of the Jeo Hunter, which most seem to believe the Golden King is an inferior machine to the Jeo Hunter... the group has seen good images as deep as 8 feet... and real good images at 6 ft....

Using the 2 man "sled" coil, they advertise to depths of 40 feet... and good images...

We believe the Jeo Hunter has some great technology...

Klondike...

bojangles

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Geo Western EM83, Maxi Pulse Plus, Maxi Pulse 5000, Mother Load Locator (Resistivity), Whites UL-3, Magnum Force 25" deep seeking coil, Jeo Hunter, Minelab Excalibur, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, PDF1000, PPL
Hello,

I have a Jeo-Hunter as well. The small, medium, and large coils are nice to have. The good thing about the Jeo Hunter purchase is that you kind of get 3 systems in your set (though you cant use 2 separate systems from 1 set). The screen is easy to read, learning curve is medium, but cold weather and humid weather have messed with the battery on it, though that kind of stuff is expected. I use the medium coil most of the time and it does get tiring on the arm after about 15-20 minutes of detecting.

The Jeo Hunter does have great depth and can hit *most* all man-made cache or treasure targets that are up to 200-300 years old and long time buried. HOWEVER, the Jeo Hunter struggles in highly mineralized soils. We are talking soil in the 200-300ohms range. The Jeo Hunter sees a lot of 'hot rocks' and false targets. Proper ground balancing is crucial, and I feel that I know how to do it properly (after lots of practice), but it was to the point where we could no trust the unit to verify and generate targets. We were without another deep seeker that was suitable for the site at the time. Then again, if you cannot replicate the results over a suspected target, it may not be a real target. I have used the 'scan' feature on the Jeo Hunter and have generated a good and replicable target on 1 out of 10 sites. The other times that it "hit" something, I was unable to replicate the hot spots. Like I said, even with iron off, it picks up a lot of hot rocks that may get you too excited ;)

All in all, after playing with it and other deep seekers, I realize that the Jeo Hunter is basically a low frequency metal detector hooked to software. The screen imaging is cool and fancy to have, but the same results can be manually hand made with a pen and graph paper with a super powered pulse detector (the ones at Accurate Locators or the overseas european ones).

If you have $5000 to spend, then try it. The small coil is nice for most consumer hobbyist applications, but the chest pack gets kinda bulky and redundant for just searching playgrounds and beaches. But maybe you want it for the deep stuff ;)

You should also know that the support at Makro is slim to none. It is hard to get assistance from them. It seemed like all of my inquiries came back with the response of "you are not grounding balancing correctly". I do my best, I can assure that. The manual is kind of poorly put together with pictures from other units as reference and the english translation is poor in some areas. It makes it a challenge to learn such a cool and feature-full system. Also, there are no support videos online which is surprising. Makro really needs to jump on the video support bandwagon.

I hope this input has helped you ;)

The best of luck.

bojangles

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I looked into the Jeohunter at one time. It seemed overpriced and underpowered as far as how deep it would go. I think you should look into Accurate locator's PI units used with a blanket coil. They even have the fancy unit that shows graphic images if that turns you on. If you will settle for 5' Whites Has the Sierra Madra that only cost about $800. Why blow the extra money? Frank

davesharky59

Greenie
Jun 18, 2014
Phiippines
Detector(s) used
fisher x 1280
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im waiting for mine it did say if the gold has been in the ground for a long time you can times 40 feet by three i.m not digging that deep may be i can get the wife to dig she is 19 years younger than i hahahaha.But there is a lot of hot rocks in the Philippines i will be learning and posting good luck people i will need some.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
bojangles, I believe your conclusion is correct. ie
All in all, after playing with it and other deep seekers, I realize that the Jeo Hunter is basically a low frequency metal detector hooked to software. The screen imaging is cool and fancy to have, but the same results can be manually hand made with a pen and graph paper with a super powered pulse detector (the ones at Accurate Locators or the overseas european ones).

Accurate Locators unit appears to be a PI that can be supplied with 'picture' softwhere, but it goes much deeper.

So far I have been using an old Hays 2 Box for caches and it is reliable to at least 6' with no falsifying but it is a seat of the pants unit. There is no fancy software to give you graphics, but hay, it only set me back $250. lol. Frank...- five star.png

lejinshh

Mar 12, 2015
Latvia, Finland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
then there are no point to buy Jeohunter 3D, right? witch detector is the best on now- 2015? the price can be from 500 euros - 1500 euros. detector need for coins and gold search. can someone help with ideas?

boldsilver

May 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Anyone can you tell me Jeohunter 3D dual system operating temperature ? Few days ago I purchased this detector. But this detector's imaging system is no works in the cold temperature. Anyone know about it ? Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread