johnathan swift silver mines

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are many tails about the Swift Mine. The best one I have read place it in WV/PA area, but even he, as the tail goes, could not relocate it, Frank

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
The swift mines are on the southwest virginia,Kentucky border.Directly along the gold pyrite belt. I can damn near promise you that.

Ky. Ken

Nov 14, 2011
eastern , Ky.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack cheap one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read they have worn the hills slick looking for it in the Southeastern part of Ky. But Swift himself was suppose to have said (don't ever quite looking for it boys !!!). The old Indian supposedly said (if the white man knew what he knew, they could shoe their horses with silver cheaper than iron).
The link in the post above is a good place to start..

Do some research on it, then take the clues and fallow. It may be the search that's worth more than the reward at the end..

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking for the Swift mines since 1982 while working at National Mines Service Company in Ashland and green up Kentucky. Older fella got me and my buddy Jay interested in it as he has found some of the signs mentioned in the Swift journals(I think a friend has 8 versions). I stopped doing research/exploring to move in the mid 1980s but got back into it four years ago...it really a neat story ...some say he was a pirate that hauled the treasure in remelted it coined it, and then hauled it back out..bull...there are recorded facts tat there was a Johnathan Swift and he did insure ships he bought with Loyd's and all kind of other neat stuff. Just go to the Tnet Legends section click on JS and read for a few weeks..should be at least 6-20 million in silver coins and bars in the mine along with the vein. We even have had some neat "meeting of the minds" get togethers to discuss the legend..good turn outs too. PM me if you need specifics and I will try to get you to the best person..on that topic. I think that everyone was looking to far south..we have some people trying to verify his grave as being in Cattletsburg Ky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread