Stone Walls and Cellar Holes

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Just curious? How many of you have actually found caches in stone walls or in cellar holes? In general where was the cache found? In the stone wall? So many feet from the stone wall? At the end of the stone wall? In the cellar hole or fireplace? What distance from the cellar hole if found outside? I have a stone wall I want to check out. From the satelite photo it appears to be over a mile long. It has a very distinct half circle cut through the landscape. Also at the end(or beginning) of the wall there appears to be a large oval loop (still part of the stone wall). Where would one begin a search?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new to this treasure stuf but try printig up a photo of the sat.photo do some tracing on rice paper a ruler compass etc.found out thr time period that it was built and use the measurement system of the time meters yrds rods hectars chains etc. and a little triangulation you may have a little time to check out all possibillities do your reasearch on the area look into libraries on line geneology search old maps town records take your time be detailed in your search !!! check all possibilities no matter how nuts it seems the person/s may have had a wicked sence of humor(or been drunk,etc.)!u in the US have more questions to ask just curious not a "claim jumper" DEKLB33 please reply thankz!

detector99

Nov 1, 2004
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Swizzle- Re: Stone Walls and Cellar Holes

You can find small caches in the cornes of some cellar holes. Along the fence lines you can find "stuff" usually in the back sections of fence behind the dwellings. We have found small caches in both areas. Also, for good luck, some of the new pioneers who settled the east and built homes, would bury coins approximatly 4 feet from the corner of the home. Also, be sure you locate the garden area. We have found mini caches "granny Caches" buried there. Sometimes coins were in mason jars, sometimes they were buried in small metal cases about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Remember, many of those people did not have much in the first place. So the likelyhood of finding a huge stash is unlikely. Please visit www.exploringhistorystreasures.com and view the "trailers" to our TV series Ghost Towns Of The East. Good Luck!
Frank

OP
OP
swizzle

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Frank I just read your reply to my e-mail about where I can buy the series. Any idea how much the series will cost and is the whole series on new york cellar holes or is that just part of the series? Just curious. Thanx for the reply to my topic. I believe this information alone will help me tremendosly. Jason

detector99

Nov 1, 2004
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Jason Re: Stone Walls and Cellar Holes

Hi Jason, thanks for your interest in the Ghost Town series. The series was filmed in New York, however, if you've seen one eastern ghost town, you've seen them all. Basically they are "holes in the ground."

The VHS and DVD series will be priced at around $20 and will be available in late January. Keep checking the website for an announcemnet. Thanks Again!

Frank
www.exploringhistorystreasures.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread