Which would you go after?

• Total voters

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Aztec gold, associated with Montezuma, is no doubt cached somewhere in the Petan region of Guatemala, is virtually an absolute. Their is enough historical data to support this. This area contains one of the least explored jungles in Central America. Anyone that has visited the ancient Mayan city of Tikal, climbed a temple and looked out over the vast expanse of green can testify to this. It's difficult to explain the feeling to someone that has never been there. It's as if the jungle is waiting to retake what was taken from it.

Along with the Aztec gold that is protected somewhere it the deepest depths of this dark green expanse there is also another treasure. As their civilization began to decline, Mayan priests sought to protect their ancient knowledge. They hid an untold number of manuscripts somewhere deep in the Jungle. we know this from a number of obscure reliefs painted on the walls of temples that have only rarely been seen by Europeans. There is also the account by the Priest that was responsible for translating the Popol Vuh (the sacred works of the Quiche Maya) from it's original manuscript. There is no doubt that this vast depository of ancient knowledge exists.

Assuming the truth of both treasures is fact, the question is simple. Which would you go after, the Aztec gold or the depository containing the knowledge of one of the greatest civilizations of all time, the Maya??
Deepsix

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
The depository containing the knowledge of the Maya. I would go after that one. Guatemala is beautiful I have been to Tikal, it was unforgettable.

Bring your machete, you will need it for the jungles there. They have some funky snakes down there too. Don't forget your malaria pills.

Knowledge before gold any day. manuscripts are worth more anyway ;D

ericwt

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep, Eric: The manuscripts are supposedly of leafs of gold which are basically similar to a loose leaf binder on a small alter. They are located in a temple. alongside of a river.

The story is that an American flying his aircraft over the jungles in the 20- 30's lost his engine and was forced to crash land in the jungle. He survived and in the process of finding hi s way back to civilization , he found a Small hill next to a river. He went to the top to see if he could get his bearings and while there fell through the roof into the main room, it was a temple covered with growth.. The room had the usual decorations, but in the center was a dais or small alter. There were a number of sheets of gold which were deeply engraved, He attempted to remove one but couldn't. He gradually worked his way out of the jungle and told his story . He was laughed at, but spent the rest of his active life trying to find the temple again with no success.

This was related to me by Dan & Ginger Lamb who were my mentors for starting me into exploration. They had looked for it with no success. A friend and I spent 6 months living off of the jungle looking for it also, with no success either, although we did find a small pyramid which was reported to the authorities, who have done nothing about it.

Their books are on E-Bay and Amazon.

htto://www.amazon.com/Quest-Lost-City-Dana-Lamb/dp/1590-480791

Their original book was "Enchanted Vagabonds", then "Quest for the lost Mission of Santa Isabel" .

Tropical TRamp

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
If the "Treasure of Montezuma" is in Central America
What are the Yaqui, Apache, Papago, Pima, Ute Indians talking about, when they say, they see/saw this huge (several thousand) Aztec Caravan going North thru thier country(s)...
"Heavyly loaded down with" ???

Even the Aztec "WayBill" mentions, "North, thru & across" !
If you need to know what "thru & across" are ..
It, the "info", is out there....
I would like to keep my "researched" info private!

OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 300 views and only 7 voters. It's kind of sad to think there are that many "on the fence" Th'ers out there. By our very nature we tend to be decisive. There is no right or wrong answer to this very basic question. Come on people, take the poll. Wealth or knowledge, it's anonymous unless you choose to post also. No ridicule, just a personal commitment to one side or the other if you are honest.
Deepsix

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
no matter which one was to go after they would be considered a looter by the countrys goverment and it would be taken from you. Then for your efforts a big fine when you ever got out of jail.
I couldn't read the records so would have to give them up. If I would luck out and find any records that would be O.K. But I think I'd have to try and get a return on investment and time. So I'd have to go for the gold Baby.
Or leave it alone and try for something else. Likely if one was to go into the outback in one of those countrys, you may be lucky to get out with your life.
There's people down that way that will cut your throat for you shoes.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sheesh Monk what a depressing lack of faith in humanity. Actually I am in more danger in most big US cities than down here, especially in the back country. There they will share their last tortilla with a stranger and all houses are open. Sure they have bandidos here and there, but one is in less danger than any of a no of rest stops in the US at night.

As for treasures, they have far less restrictions than the US.

Tropical Tramp

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
You Know R.T. !
A whole lot of people have no idea of who or where the Aztecs came from!
They think that they are a homegrown Tribe!
Nope!
WRONG!
;D
If you read their history, you'll see that they came down (going south) from the north !
They were Originally of the "Ute/Piute" Nations!
Who! Got tried of all of the infighting (Wars, etc!) and Just Picked up and moved!
This is Historical !
So! Having a very! intimate Knowledge of the Areas to the NORTH!
Had friends/allys (Mostly, Some of the Apache Tribes) in those areas...
Where would you go to hide your wealth !

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=cptbil linkYou Know R.T. !
A whole lot of people have no idea of who or where the Aztecs came from!
They think that they are a homegrown Tribe!

Hi Bil; you are correct, we even have latino gangs in the US that claim that the west was their ancestral home. AZATLAN? and want to recover it by whatever means possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where would[/u][/i] you go to hide your wealth !

Tayopa of course. heheheheh. Actually they have nothing in common.

Tropical Tramp

p.s. Hi to our four footed friend.

youcefkouidri1

Oct 15, 2013
Wedmore
Detector(s) used
I use treasure Maps
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THe aztec homeland of Aztlan also has reference to the seven caves which to me signals seven citites of religious significance.....therefore i dont belive that all of motecuzhomas treasure was hidden in one place

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA I just had to break the 10-10 tie!

MIke

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Yea, the Gov. would confiscate the records. The gold would be easier to convert. I know, I know '06.
Frank...-
five star.png
y gold bars.jpg

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I talked to my friend Deepsix47 recently and I think he will be back aboard soon! As far as an answer to his poll, although I am a poor man in the monetary sense, I would rather the knowledge and truth move to the forefront! It is much more valuable than my meager existence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread