The Offer

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank:

Was out of town and we are having some computer problems now that I am home...

The meeting idea isn't a bad one...But you might consider doing it at a local coffee shop, not at the property; neutral turf, as it were...he will be listening to you and evaluating you instead of watching yoru eyes and wondering if you are going to give him a hint by where you look. Far less pressure on him.

I am checking in when I can til I figure this out.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
lastleg said:
I've never heard of a serious cache hunter not even visiting the location of a multi-million dollar plant for a look around. Why
I've driven hundreds of miles and back to look at mine. :laughing7:

And I've even had a cooler full of soda and a few bologna sandwitchs! :laughing9:
that's Bologny samitch!!!!!! :tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
bigscoop said:
lastleg said:
I've never heard of a serious cache hunter not even visiting the location of a multi-million dollar plant for a look around. Why
I've driven hundreds of miles and back to look at mine. :laughing7:

And I've even had a cooler full of soda and a few bologna sandwitchs! :laughing9:
that's Bologny samitch!!!!!! :tongue3:

Bolognna Samitch......has a certain ring to it. Sounds like a dangerous pass through the mountains? :laughing9:

medmaker

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2009
Houston, Texas
Hi Frankn,

Meeting in person at a neutral location is probably a good idea. Make a new offer.....only this time offer him a lesser share. Tell him that the share amount for him will go down each time he refuses. Do it diplomatically of course, but once you start taking away what you have offered, people tend to want your offer even more when it's done right. In this economy, chances are that the property may go to foreclosure anyway and you can pick it up cheap. Work on your other leads and don't worry about this one. That will cause the energy flow of the negotiation to start flowing the way you want it. I may have repeated what others have said. I haven't taken the time to read all of the posts. I have my own research to do but found this thread mildly interesting and thought I'd throw my two cents into the pile. Your "intellectual property" seems to be worth quite a bit in this case, and one should never sell one's life force cheaply. Good luck!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, you guys are really thinking. Some good ideas here. My partner might call him to get things moving. He does the phone work. We are still thinking our next move. Keep you posted.

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Looks like we are going to try calling them to see if we can get things moving. Will keep you posted on results. Frank

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
I would offer him a 70/30 split. You did do the research and pay for some additional info to locate the cache. It really is not his problem how you and partner split the findings so I would put the old marketing trick in there by saying 30% rather than an 1/3 it is like when you buy something in the store if the item is $299.99 you would say 200 bucks that is a good price! But it was $300.00 you would say that is too expensive. It is up to you and your partner how you two split the 70% if you find the cache, you may not have heard back from him after your second reply as stated above he may have gotten his own detector or even found someone else to look for it at the 50% he was asking.

I would not have mentioned that you located a possible cache on his property but rather something along the lines that it is possible that some old coins and items could be located on your property because your property was used for whatever it may have been used for in the past. I would say no to the 1/3 also if it were me since you told me that the cache could be there I would be out there looking for it myself.

Hope you get the permission though and even more hope you and your partner find the loot!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Madjoker,his answer to my first letter was an E mail, short and "sweet", It simply stated, "OK, but it will be 50/50."
You state that I should pay for the research and other material cost to find the cache. Here's how I look at it. If you took your car in for a tuneup and he already had the plugs in stock, does that mean you wouldn't pay for them? In any business, the costs are always figgured in. Everyone puts a value on his time. Few give it away unless it is there choice.
By the way, I am one of those guys who would see $300. I appreciate your reply, but as you can see, we value our time differently.

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do keep us up to speed Frank. Something tells me this is far from over.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Jugdeing from this guys E Mail address, I am beginning to think that this guy has so much money that he really doesn't care. If we get a warm streak of several days, I might just go up and talk to him to get things moving. Not many people would turn down a gift of $4M.

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Yep, I agree with a few of you. 1st off, it is his land, and you should take what he will give because just knowing that it's there, he can spend some time and money to locate it all himself cutting you completely out of the deal. By going along with the 50/50 split you and your friend at least get something for your hard work. 2nd, you most definitely need to draw up a contract with a legal witness before you start digging. He could hypothetically watch you after agreeing to a deal(verbally) and as soon as you find something run you off the property or have you arrested for trespassing, thus cutting you out of anything found. Think about it before you do anything, and post your finds please.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Frankn,
This is an interesting thread as it will give guidance to everyone about such situations. I can see it going either way though I am hopeful for your point of view. I would personally appreciate your letting us know how this works out with specifics on the twist and turns to the deal.

I wish you Success with your goal..........63bkpkr

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Funny face-flower.jpg 63Bkpkr, The thing that amazes me is that he is turning down $4,000,000.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 622745 63Bkpkr, The thing that amazes me is that he is turning down $4,000,000.

He's not turning down $4,000,000.
(respectfully) He's just turning down a questionable character who is making that claim. "HUGE" difference.
If this guy's secure in life, and you're not willing to offer him the details, or a professional resume that includes a history and achievements, then you may as well move on down the road to the next big treasure chase.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well Bigscoop, now you consider me a questional character! You don't even know me! You mean to tell me you would go in with the story and location before anything is signed. I think that would be the fools choice. Why would he need you after you gave him all your hard earned info. hot cat 2.jpg You may have a TH resume, but I would be willing to bet that most members here prefer to operate in the shadows. Only the TH that write books for a living hand out resumes. All TH is a gamble, but this $4,000,000 would cost him nothing He has nothing to loose no matter what the outcome. Only my partner and I will loose out if nothing is found.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank......he knows nothing about you, so "in his mind" you're just another questionable character to him, not in my mind, or to me. Hence, the "respectfully" in that post, meaning "I know of you, but he does not." Relax....you took the post way out context. Just saying you are a "complete questionable stranger to him who thus far has offered him nothing in the way of a background, personal knowledge, past successes, experience, etc. You've given him nothing "credible" to make him believe you're not just another questionable character. That's all I was saying. It's like door to door salesmen in the old days, why should he trust you or the claim you are trying to sell him? I think this is an area you need to address in order to gain a bit of his listening ear and serious consideration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Horney toad and ant-AZ.jpg Bigscoop. Everyone he meets for the first time is a questionable character. I laid out everything he NEEDS to know in my first letter to him. I even included my business card. He knows the amount and that there is a possibility that it is on a lot he owns. He knows it will cost him nothing in the way of money or labor. I want a signed agreement before I furnish hard earned facts.
By the way, the Fuller Brush Man had some good stuff, It was the Kerby Guy I watched out for.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it's time to go meet him, get a little up close and personal. Gaining access and someone's confidence is much harder these days. Everyone is a bit jaded and scam shy.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Bigscoop, That's what I have planned. A trip up there and possibly some boots on ground inspections of the lots. It cost me over a hundred in fuel every time I go up there so I will be prepaired to spend a week inspecting the situation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread