Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: The Offer

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
    810 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: The Offer

Maybe you should start going without a partner. lol
    "Life's a garden. DIG IT!!!" - - Joe Dirt

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    1751 times

Matt, I can tell you have never cache hunted, or should I say, successfully cache hunted. The work load to verify and locate is out of this world. I would still be working on it if I didn't have a partner on it. I work with partners all over the USA. I swap info on locations and advice about areas. There are a few good guys out there that I would enjoy working with and a few that I have worked with. It's a bit safer when you have someone to cover your backside while digging or detecting. Most caches aren't in areas where there are people around. Sure, I have gone after some alone in desolate areas, and spent a lot of time monitering my surroundings. I am a lone wolf myself, but there are times when the pack dominates.
    Frank

us
    Sep 2008
    Delaware
    V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster

After 273 reply posts, the two most important posts said were:

Quote Originally Posted by Keppy
    And i still don't understand why Franken and his buddy wants to tell the world about it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by calisdad
    . . . You wanted validation.
    Any TRUE treasure hunter would NOT have even posted what you did. Sorry, you're NOT even in the League of a TTH.

SJA

us
    Nov 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
    810 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankn
    Matt, I can tell you have never cache hunted, or should I say, successfully cache hunted. The work load to verify and locate is out of this world. I would still be working on it if I didn't have a partner on it. I work with partners all over the USA. I swap info on locations and advice about areas. There are a few good guys out there that I would enjoy working with and a few that I have worked with. It's a bit safer when you have someone to cover your backside while digging or detecting. Most caches aren't in areas where there are people around. Sure, I have gone after some alone in desolate areas, and spent a lot of time monitering my surroundings. I am a lone wolf myself, but there are times when the pack dominates.
    Frank
    I know, buddy. I was kidding. As in, you would get more without a partner...ha ha, right? lol I've never cache hunted before and wouldn't know where to begin! I commend you on your efforts and good luck with this all. I'll be waiting to see the outcome.
    "Life's a garden. DIG IT!!!" - - Joe Dirt

us
    Mar 2009
    Illiniois
    Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
    9 times

If I were the property owner and someone told me there was $12.75 million in gold on my property and if I let him and his partner search he would give me 1/3 of it I think I would hire a bulldozer and doze the entire 10 acres before I would let anyone take 2/3 of MY treasure. I also find it hard to believe that if there is a treasure that large in my area that I couldn't figure out what it might be by just talking to some of the old timers. Every area I have ever lived in has had its fair share of miser gold, buried stolen money, buried gangster money, civil war era gold that was hidden to keep it out of enemy hands, etc. Each and every one of these stories come from talking to old timers. Now that the land owner thinks he's got close to $13 million on his land I fear he will get a little more involved in trying to find out more about the story.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    1751 times

OK lime, let me clear your mine for you.
    -The story was listed as $150,000. The fact that it is probably in $20 gold US coins makes it worth over $12M

-It could be on one of several properties so he isn,t going to spend a bundle bulldozing his land.

-It's not his cache, It wasn't placed by a prior owner so technically it belongs to a decendant of the cachier.

-Now you mention that you have found out about a lot of big caches in your area from elderly people. My question is how many have you recovered? The point is hearing all those stories and finding the actual cache are two different things.

- I have chased many caches all over the USA. A lot are bogus. I have found a few small ones, but non this big and I am researching two bigger ones. The odds are stacked against you in cache hunting so when you hit it, you don't want to give away the lions share. Frank

us
    Nov 2009
    Evans Colorado
    AT Pro
    96 times

make sure you get both the husband and the wife to sign any papers that way the wife can't come back and contest the claim. But I am sure you already know this!

us
    May 2009
    Florida
    Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
    272 times

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. I'd have to side with the land owner. As was suggested earlier, I would shoot for 50/50 after expenses and be happy about it. If I owned the property, I would certainly feel entitled to half of what is technically 100% my money.

25% of over 12 million is much more gooder than 100% of nothing.

Just my opinion. Good luck.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    1751 times

GibS, You have to look at it from the land owners side. He now has 0% of "his" money and he could be looking at $4 1/4M.
    Havent you ever seen those commercials? " I want my money NOW " Frank

us
    Dec 2010
    16 times

How many here on T-Net use a bulldozer to hunt for a cache? Would any of you folks pay top dollar for a $20 gold coin that has been run over by a bulldozer? How much does it cost to bulldoze 10 acres? What are the chances of finding anything behind a bulldozer?

us
    May 2009
    Florida
    272 times

Quote Originally Posted by Frankn
    GibS, You have to look at it from the land owners side. He now has 0% of "his" money and he could be looking at $4 1/4M.
    Havent you ever seen those commercials? " I want my money NOW " Frank
    I'm not hatin' Frank, just giving my personal opinion. I really do hope it works out for you.

Now if I were the land owner, I'd be getting me one of those special $325 plumbobs a certain site sponsor sells and find that cache in minute

us
    May 2009
    Florida
    272 times

I'm not offended OD. I'm not saying Frank is right or wrong, I just tendered my opinion based upon what I would do.

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    447 times

If you think the land owner is wrong for asking for a 50-50 split, and you turn him down. You say thats better than nothing....Flip the coin, 25% is better than nothing. I'd take his offer. If you don't all three lose out' and the landowner can probably afford nothing alot better than you and your partner.....I'm just saying Good Luck

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    1751 times

For me, there is always another cache. I have 2 more on the back burner. For the landowner there would always be tbe bitter memory of how he passed up $4 1/4 M. You see, I never count my chickens before they hatch. Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	split 1 3.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	608937  

Charter Member
    us
    VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 2010
    Gainesville FLorida
    Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
    13 times

I think 50/50 is a pretty darn good deal, considering its HIS property to do as he wishes and you will get nothing if you dont. If you or anyone else is that geedy, then you should leave your partner at home and do the deed.

I bet if you took a poll, most on here would take 50 percent of the find and be happy campers.

Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Sponsors