The Offer

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i mow 10 acers it just my yard 9.5 acers is not all that big, he the land owner could find the cashe, maybe his buddy has a metal detector.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Dogpound. I kind of look at it the other way 1/3 for each is better than 0 for the owner. I am looking at 2 other caches but the owner has put himself on hold. It might take some time, but it will get to him.
It looks like you have never gone for a big one or you would not sell yourself so cheaply. I would never settle for getting less than the owner, after all, Its work for me but a gift for him. That's the trouble with THing, you find something through hard work and someone else will always be after it or a big cut of it. Frank

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
I think that I would try to keep the offer in the 20 to 25 percent range for the landowner. Maybe offer the best coin if that offer is declined and then jump to the 1/3 offer then to 1/3 and the best coin. You need to put time in between the offers and this process could be expected to go for a year or better.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Scar, I can just visualize him right now tryin to find out what is buried on his property. lol
The only way he will see that money is if we dig it up. Frank

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Scar, I can just visualize him right now tryind out what is buried on his property. lol Frank

The landowner is counting the money already even though he doesnt even know whats there. :laughing9:

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
He probably will not want to spend the money on finding the loot. If you come back at 50% then he may check things out, 20 to 25% means that you are not that hot on finding anything. Big risk for your time. The length of the negotiating would show that you are not that interested.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Scar, The only way I am interested is if I get as much as he does. Frank

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
But Franken ..You have to remember it is his land.... And you said 9 acre's ... That is like a postage stamp area 9 acre's ...... So he could hunt that easy himself............... That is not much land..

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Keppy, if he don't know how to hunt the 9 acres, then he might not find the loot. Hiring someone to hunt could mean less or nothing, Frank seems to me to be a straight up fellow who will stand by his word in making a deal with the landowner. Eye to eye contact will tell a lot if you can read the eyes. I have never met Frank but I have a good feeling about him from his words. Final judgement for me would be to look him in the eyes.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
Frankn said:
My partner and myself have put in months of computer and on the ground time to locate this cache.

Be very careful. According to this statement you have already been tresspassing on private property in attempts to track down the cache. You might not want to include that in the negotiations.
There are tons of Variables and obsticles that get in the way of locating a cache.. Thats why some take so long to locate..

From Computer, Library, Maps, Etc.. Too (Boots on the ground) research.. Driving through the area scouting the property's from the road.. Walking a road looking at mailbox numbers Smelling Cow $hit.. Or talking to people in the neighborhood, Whatever you can do to help in the endeavor.. There are many ways of researching (Boots on the ground) Without Trespassing on Posted property.. :thumbsup:

Poorhunter

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Poorhunter, Smelling the cow sh it ! LOL
Georges, Why don't you sell him one? OH ! You don't know who he is. Sorry about that.
As you have all probably noticed by now, this is about the offer, not the location or actual cache. I was looking for some deal maker solutions involving an equal 3 way split. There is a catch 22 factor that I won't mention that makes it impossible for him to locate it so time is not of the essence. Frank

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The only way I am interested is if I get as much as he does."

Why do you have a partner? If you worked alone you could do the 50/50 split and have more than your current split offer to the property owner. Its best to keep found caches quiet for numerous reasons and the less people involved the better. As far as your catch-22 you have my interest. For the life of me I can't think of anything that would prevent the owner from finding it himself.............Unless its under the house.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking this over a bit more......and...."if" I was desperate for cash, then I might consider 30% or so. But if I wasn't desperate for cash then as owner of the land and the hidden alleged cache, a 50/50 would be my low limit, "if" I felt like entertaining the offer and the potential onset of problems and issues at all. If this second scenario were the case, then I certainly don't need you, but regardless of the situation you still certainly would need me and my blessing. So I think the land owners personal financial situation is going to be a big factor in coming to any terms close to what you desire. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Limegoldconvertable, You sound like you have never gone after a big cache. Working with a partner is usually the best way. The old saying holds true, two heads are better than one. My partner put in many hours of computer time and came up with viable alternatives to problems the same as I did. When you reach a dead end it is easy to give up, but with a partner you get some alternate guideance. We both worked for an even cut.
Sure it's his land, but that money was put there a long time ago by an unrelated person. It's an investment property, he doesn't live there which must make him nervous.
OH! catch 22, you guessed wrong .

Bigscoop, I havent looked into his finicial position, but if someone came up to me and offered me $50k for doing nothing, I sure as h ell would take it. Frank

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn,

I do understand your point and position, but..... and not really having enough knowledge about the type & history of the cache you're hoping to find, sure, $50,000.00 sounds like a pretty good number. But, there are also a ton of issues that could easily arrise to chew up that $50,000.00 in a big hurry, and possibly cost me a lot more. Truth is, for a lot of people, $50'000 isn't a lot of money, and not near enough money to assume so much risk. As a land owner I would require that I be made privy to every detail of the cache and of your planned activities before I considered any offer. There are all sorts of liability issues, potential legal issues, and even possible claims that could come about as a result of any discovery. Just saying, the property owner is the one who is assuming a great deal of "uninvited risk" that you need to "legally" satisfy in some way. Without addressing these issues it's probably going to be next to impossible to get him to take you seriously in his own mind, especially if he has no financial reason to consider your offer in the first place. Just saying, a good, "legally prepared document" could go a long way in satisfying a lot of these potential land owner issues. As a land owner it would sure help ease any concerns I might have in regards to potential future problems, and it might also, because you have that document stating that you assume this and that, lead me to accepting a 30% deal. Without it, even if I did need the money, it would probably be a flat, "No frick'n way." :dontknow:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bigscoop, The information on the cache will not be shared with the land owner. The money was not stolen and belonged to the cacher who is long gone. I have a good lawyer and a good accountant so the only problem is locating the cache after getting permission to search. I don't leave loose ends or many records. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread